OC problem on nForce4 Ultra-D

Skyheart

I have problems overclocking my new DFI board.

Im not familiar with the bios, as I use to have Asus.

Anyway, when i set fsb to 210 and multiplyer is on auto (10), it wont boot into Windows Xp.

After listing pci devices it just reboots and does the same again.

It doesnt matter if i change the LDT/FSB freq ratio from auto to any other value.

What can be the problem??? Please help!

I have an 3200+ 0.90mic cpu.

LTD voltage should be 1.4Volts.

CHipset voltage should be 1.7Volts.

Vmem should be like 2.9Volts.

You cannot just throw numbers at the bios and hope it works. When it reboots like that it is indicative of too little voltage usually at the low 210FSB you tried to add however it is not out of the realms of some AUTO timing is not liked well by the board.

Also you need post in signature the bios of the board especially during this super learning time of get up and running for most folks.

RGone...

EDIT: After I posted I looked back and you do not 'even' have a signature to reflect the specific configuration you are running so help is going to be slim...

LTD voltage should be 1.4Volts.

CHipset voltage should be 1.7Volts.

Vmem should be like 2.9Volts.

You cannot just throw numbers at the bios and hope it works. When it reboots like that it is indicative of too little voltage usually at the low 210FSB you tried to add however it is not out of the realms of some AUTO timing is not liked well by the board.

Also you need post in signature the bios of the board especially during this super learning time of get up and running for most folks.

RGone...

EDIT: After I posted I looked back and you do not 'even' have a signature to reflect the specific configuration you are running so help is going to be slim...

What would you say is the max "safe" temp for the chipset?

Sorry, im still new to this forum. Thought it was enough to enter bios date under my profile.

But can my HyperX take 2.9v? It says 2.6v on the heatspreader.

It seems i cant raise volt on ram? And when i raise volt on the to other things a bit it can only just get into Xp, then it reboots again.

Then i loaded optimized default settings and rebooted. It then rebootet again after entering Xp.

Can der be something wrong with my board??

2.8V VDimm should practically aways B ok... But don't take that as Gospel! and with your sticks Id say 2.9 as well but thats not Gospel either those are your sticks.

There R some really good Overclocking for beginners guides out there on the net such as:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=795444 (not the one I tried to find:()

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=...81&page=3&pp=20 (not this one either, ohh well just google it)

[EDIT] http://www.auphanonline.com/articles/view....article_id=1518 (stumbled on this) [/EDIT]

[EDIT no.2] http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=329627 (finally found it I knew it was out there :D) [/EDIT no.2]

I really think something is wrong since i cant raise fsb. On my Asus boards i vould always raise fsb almost 20 steps before raising any voltage.

Dont it seem weird???

Edit: I cant raise Vdimm. It just pops back to 2.6 no matter what ????

And there is some "screen flicker" in bios like some numbers moving behind the blue surface.

Please help if you know what is wrong, before i return it.

Maybe i should add that when i look in Everest under bios info it says:

Award Bios Message : Evaluation Rom - Not for Sale

What does this mean?

Does anyone know if it has something to do with the problems on the board? I believe i have read something about "unfinished" boards being sold.

Please help me :O

Hmm... still think its weird since i havnet done anything to the bios yet.

BUT... After setting ram/fsb to 9/10 =ddr360 and cas to 2.5 i can now boot up with fsb at 210.

Can it be that i cant run 1:1 on ram/fsb on a board i thought was one of the best for overclocking???

And why cant i raise my ram voltage?? It just pops back to 2.6v as soon as i change it.

I read this from another topic, a guy said to use pgup and pgdn to change the setting, and don't move the box thingy, the selector (if you do it'll revert back again).

After you got the voltage you want, press F10 and it's save and exit, or ask you to anyways.

Then it'll save it, don't go back on the setting again though unless you want to do the same over again, also the enter ver of the setting, that is when you press enter and a little menu comes up is bugged, so that's why you need to use the pgup and pgdn keys for it.

I'm sure something like this will be fixed pretty soon ;), it's something that alot of people have noticed and it's a simple problem.