need help!

Gnokel

well it sounds like it might be something with the mobo or the cpu...b/c you said you put your old mobo back in and the vid card worked just fine.  so what i would do woould be to take my cpu to a freinds house and let them try it out to see if it works and then have a friend test your mobo with there processor b/c if it can run the xp processors it can run an older one like a duron or athlon.

you might also want to see if the motherboard can hadle that card or if there is a bios update to make it work with those cards.

hope this helps you

Tang

To me it sounds like its the motherboard..

I wanna say.. mebbe.. the agp slot is messed up or something.. can you by anychance try a PCI video card in the MSI board..

I really dont think it is the processer..

and If you can get it to boot with the pci vid card.. I would have the motherboard taken back and looked at.. still under warrenty?

l8rz

• 1 month later...

I think you should go to the MSI site and flash your bios...............but i think you may have had static  running through you when you took your case off, and now i  you short circuted you mobo and/or cpu??/ just a theroy

:(

Sounds like you board. Try testing your card in someone else's computer if possible. From what your saying sounds like a bad AGP slot. Do like Psywar said maybe even try as pci card aswell.  ???