NF4 SLI-DR : DRAM power LED stays off, motherboard DOA ?

Hello everyone !

I was hoping someone on these forums might have some idea of what is wrong with my new pc. (full specs in sig, assuming I did this right)

I just got done assembling my new pc (I was waiting on the DFI nf4 SLI-DR motherboard which I received today), and I have a major problem :

the pc did boot once; at the time, even when powered off (but with the power supply on, obviously), both the Standby power LED and the DRAM power LED were on. Since everything seemed to be fined, I powered down to add a DVD drive an begin installing windows.

When I tried to power back on, the power supply fan turned briefly and stopped; all subsequent attempts at booting failed with the same result. (board starts and seems to shutdown instantly). I then noticed that, while the standby power LED was still on, the DRAM power led was off and stayed off permanently; no amount of swapping ram sticks to other slots, or testing ram salvaged from another (working) pc helped.

Does this mean my brand new board is fried ? I'd hate to have to RMA it (I've been waiting on various parts to build this pc for about 2 months) but I can't think of anything else to try :confused:

Just in case, here is a list of things I did try :

- disconnect everything but the CPU and ATX power connectors

- attempt to boot without any RAM at all / with working RAM from another PC

- attempt to boot with 2 other (different brand) power supplies

- remove the card from the case and test without a case

Sadly, none of these worked... which is why I'm here, hoping against my better judgement that rulling out all other factors (as far as I can tell) still doesn't me my board is bad :(

Thanks in advance for any help ! :)

Aye, I tried clearing the cmos, even tried removing the battery for a while. I've also tried reseating the card (one one of them, in single card mode); just for the hell of it, I even tried without a vid card at all : same problem. :(

Quick bump to update this thread:

I've RMAed the board, since the DRAM LED not working seems to indicate it's dead.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar ?

Any idea how likely it is that other components could have been damaged if/when the board died ? (the ram seems fine, but I can't test the cpu or the graphics card and I'm a little worried about those... RMAing those would be a true pain in the butt)

Thanks in advance !