Sign in to follow this  
TurboLaxx

Anyone with OCZ Platinum memory please read this

I am currently having problems with my OCZ memory timings. I have OCZ PC-3200 Platinum EL (2-3-2-5). I have to bump the timing to 3-4-4-10 with a 9/10 divider so it will boot into windows around 2300 Mhz. That sounds pretty bad and high. I just want anyone and everyone to please post their Bios settings of all their memory timings. I am having big problems with mine. All i want out of my computer is 2500 Mhz. If no one here helps me i'll be willing to sell my memory so i can buy pc-4200 to forgo the aggrivation of memory timings.

are your DIMMs using slots 1&2 or 1&3? what bios revision are u using? have u tried OCing each stick of RAM individually? maybe then u can find one of them to be suspect...

I am currently having problems with my OCZ memory timings. I have OCZ PC-3200 Platinum EL (2-3-2-5). I have to bump the timing to 3-4-4-10 with a 9/10 divider so it will boot into windows around 2300 Mhz. That sounds pretty bad and high. I just want anyone and everyone to please post their Bios settings of all their memory timings. I am having big problems with mine. All i want out of my computer is 2500 Mhz. If no one here helps me i'll be willing to sell my memory so i can buy pc-4200 to forgo the aggrivation of memory timings.

I had the OCZ 2-3-2 EL (gold?) see sig 100 speed to load windows?! :eek: I also had to go to a 2 times multiplyer. I could only overclock the CPU even with memory that slow to 2.25. Fianly got the Platnum revison 2 3200 and immedatly overclocked to 2.45 at 2.5-3-3-8. I already had the CPU volt to 2.55 and the chipset up to 1.6 if memory serves. I did not have time to do playing around I had to go to work right after I got the memory. I had another friend that had value ram only at 2.2 then up to 2.7 after he got some good memory that I recomended- unfortunaly they were sold out when I tried to buy it the next day. I also put a low speed fan on the northbridge.

I once had the PC 3200 OCZ EL Platinums (Rev 1). While the 256MB sticks were superior overclockers (I easily got to 250fsb with them), the 512MB versions were very hard to overclock. I also had problems with them even with just reaching 220FSB no matter what timings and voltages I used or what memory slots they were in. I even tried overclocking with just a single 512 stick... and it still couldnt do what those 2x256 sticks achived.

TurboLaxx..

Have you put the ram on a ratio to find what your cpu is capable of yet ?

That is the first step..

edit

Actually I just saw you tried with a 910.. put it at the 166 ratio and set the vcore to what YOU are willing to give it.. and change the LDT multi to 3x..

then start upping the htt and test with prime and 3dmark.. once you find a stable spot that runs prime for at least 6-8 hours then post back here and we can go from there..

vega27,

i am using the 10-15-04 Beta Bios - 4.0 vdimm - by Jess1313 & Samurai Jack(aka JSJ).

I have my sticks in slot 1 and 3. I only did this to try and keep them cooler...but i guess that really doesn't matter at this point. No i have not tested one at a time.

THunDA,

the most i will give my vcore is 1.55 + 113% = 1.75 volts. I think more than that on air cool is dangerous. So when i step down my LDT mult to 3 and my ram on a 166 ratio, should i leave all the other DRAM settings on auto and then increase my htt or do i also change some DRAM settings?

[bIMG]http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1xv02/oczr2.jpg[/bIMG] this pc crunches d2ol 24/7 at these settings. (when i'm not gaming)

if those are the original 512 el plat 3200, i found the pair i had to be pretty much junk. kept them about 3 days and ocz let me swap them for a pair of eb.

lp-ut 250gb

3700+ 1.425*1.10=1.5675 xp120 delta fan

2x512 pc3200 ocz plat rev 2 tccd 2.9v

2x160 seagate ide

x800xt pe

pcp&c turbo-cool 510

vega27,

THunDA,

the most i will give my vcore is 1.55 + 113% = 1.75 volts. I think more than that on air cool is dangerous. So when i step down my LDT mult to 3 and my ram on a 166 ratio, should i leave all the other DRAM settings on auto and then increase my htt or do i also change some DRAM settings?

Nah, you dont have to mess with the dram settings yet.. basically you wana isolate the cpu first..