Sign in to follow this  
giorgioprimo

HELP needed to fix an INFINITY ULTRA NF2 mobo

Hi to everybody, and sory for my bad english (I'm from Italy).

For a reason that is to long to explain, I need to replace a chip on mine infinty ultra nf2. The chip is the one green-circled in the image:

dfi_chipmancante.jpg

i know that the code written on the chip is:

Top Row --> A (with circle around it) 4609

Bottom Row --> BD3V16

The A with the circle around should be a company logo.

I made a search on the net for that code but couldn't find anything.

If anybody can help me should be great.

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section, paying close attention to the second post in teh 'critical' thread (about system specs in your sig).

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post.

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version. The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

also please let me know what country you live in so i can direct you to the nearest DFI RMA/Repair dept.

Tha mobo that I was talking about is no more on my system (now I own a nf3 250 UT).

I just need to replace the chip mentioned, and I can do it myself, just need to find and buy it.

I try to explain wath happened, I attached a dissy on the chip with artic alumina bi-component, and while I was operating around the mobo I taked off the dissy with the head of the chip attached (the bottom part of the chip with the pin are still soldered on the mobo), that's all.

Sorry again for my english, I hope that you understand.

So i need just to find that chip.

Thanks

I'm desperate :sad: . Is it possible that anybody from DFI can help me just telling what kind of chip is that and where I can pourchase it?

I also sent an email to ther assistance service, but they just answered that if the mobo is under warranty I can try to RMA it, but it's not. I just need the name of a chip, is that so difficoult? :confused:

Since the mobo isn't under warranty any more, you can probably send it to a DFI repair department and have them repair it, but you'll probably have to pay for it. I can't help you with the chip at all though. Posting repeatedly in the same topic asking for help without having the system specs in your signature is probably going to make people less willing to help you, BTW.