Sign in to follow this  
Guest nitro_merged

[RESOLVED] [email protected] DEVICE MANAGER REBOOT=FIXED>> USB problem nf

Guest nitro

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with the usb on this board. Device manager tells me that I have no hi-speed controller. I have installed the driver from the cd, but still no hi-speed conrtoller. I have a netgear usb wireless adapter that works fine until I restart. Upon restrart system hangs and give me a debug error for usb. If I go into safe mode and remove the wireless adapter, it starts fine. Also when I plug a flash drive in, it also tells me that it will operate at a slower speed due to no hi-speed controller found. I am running winxp pro sp2. Any ideas :confused: Thanks

i read this over on DFI Website support FAQ:

This symptom might occur in Windows 2000 and Windows XP based operating system. Windows 2000 and XP have supported USB2.0 device already, there is no need to install USB 2.0 driver from Lanparty Utility CD. This USB 2.0 driver is for Windows 98 only. If this driver is installed in Windows 2000 and XP, the USB 2.0 device will work at USB 1.1 instead. Please do not install USB 2.0 driver in Windows 2000 and XP.

Maybe thats it I don't know, Im still waiting on my video card to show up to actually fire this thing up...

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with the usb on this board. Device manager tells me that I have no hi-speed controller.

You need to get your sig setup so we can better help you. Read the stickies at the top of the forum.

In the mean time lets take a look and see what we can find. I'm sure you did a clear CMOS and reset BIOS defaults before building this rig right? Had to edit since it took so long to do the research.

Click Start>Run type msinfo32 into the the box and hit Enter.

Once System Information is up and running click the + sign by Hardware Resources. Click on Forced Hardware, this should be empty. If there is any Forced Hardware your best bet would be a clean install of the OS.

If Forced Hardware is clear the next step is...

Click the + sign by Components then you may have to scroll down to USB

You should see a list that looks something like this. I deleted a lot of info that wasn't need here.

Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller

Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

USB Root Hub

If you don't get at least one of each heading you should reinstall the OS.

Read and learn the stickies at the top of the forum. It will help you help us help you. Or something like that.

Guest nitro

I updated my sig. Yes, cleared cmos and reset defaults before install. In system information I have Standard Open HCD USB Host Controller, and USB Root Hub, but no Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller. I really don't want to re-install OS, I just got everything I wanted on it loaded. I think I may uninstall through device manager and see if it will find everything on restart.

I still don't see a signature. Did you go here and read this and after updating signature save at the bottom or "update" as it were?

If done on the order of this signature of a user in the forums> well; well the whole trouble shooting process is more profitable.

Now this is a real signature, that is helpful to troubleshooting. And no don't go by mine as I am not here seeking help but reflecting the various rigs I may have in use at any given time.

ILLUSTRATIVE SYSTEM SPECs

DFI XXXXX Motherboard

Bios AN81D107 01/07/04

Fortron 530WATT PowerSupply

3200XP+ Stock speed

2x256MB Corsair PC3200C2 Rev1.1

512MB Corsair PC3200C2 Rev5.1

120G Maxtor,160G Seagate

200G Western Digital

Sony DVD±R ±RW Burner

Pioneer 16X DVDrom

Promise Ultra 133TX2 IDE Contoller

BBI 9800 Pro 128MB

Audigy II

D-Link F5D5000 10/100 NIC

Windows XP Pro SP 2

Nvidia 5.03 chipset drivers + Omega 2.5.97 Radeon drivers.

RGone...

Guest nitro

Went and updated sig again, lets see if it shows now.

Update: Uninstalled through device manager. Restart, windows found new hardware, installs drivers and now all is fine. Also, I see sig is there now. Thanks for all of your help :)