[RESOLVED]>> Problems with smartdoctor vs Audigy2, and saitek x4

Well, yesterday swapped my old kv8-max3 for a dfi nf3. No more refuses to boot in cold, and crazy uguru alarms out of nothing.

As everything can't always turn that fine, I'm having two problems:

Smartdoctor will crash when starting with windows. "The error message is Run-time Error '48' /n File not found: itevio.dll"

I've tracked this being a problem with the Audigy2 drivers initialization, if I uninstall it's drivers or simply disable the mixer and whatsoever in msconfig, smartdoctor will start ok. Also if I start it anytime (not the autimatic loading procedure in windows start) it will run fine. For now I just disabled it's autorun line in registry, but would like to know if there are any alternatives.

The other problem I've ran trough is my saitek x45 vs the usb ports, this is a known problem were it will have to be repluged to be detected after boot up. Most times it will start up fine in the first boot, but after a couple of restarts (or in the first) it will be turned off. Previously with the via usb controller in the other board, it would behave has the mouse (lights turning on and off at the same time), but now it's always on since boot, and during windows start up right at the moment the mouse light up, it will stay on (not being reeinitalized) or most times power off (before it would flash and stay on). In the Il2 and saitek forums I've seen similiar reports, all with nf2 and nf3 boards from diverse brands, and this was usually only solved (and recommended even by saitek) with a pci add in card (most users had via or opti chips in these). I've already messed with usb root power options to make devices always on, but still no joy. So, I'm asking if everyone has another better solution.

Oh, other thing I'd like to know is about internal IRQ sharing as the manual lacks a table with it as with the previous boards I had. My CL Audigy 2 uses two IRQs, one for it and other for the firewire port. In pci slot 3 it seems it will be granted it's own irq, altough it will share the firewire with the same irq as onboard firewire, in slot 4 it will share it's own irq with via firewire (being it's firewire in a free irq), and in slot 5 it will share it's own irc with the graphics card, setting it's firewire to a free one.

So, is pci slot 3 the only one that will grant a free irq? I know about the new extended irq tables and apic/acpi that virtually allow 255 adresses without sharing problems (being that the remaining irq names are just for legacy), but these are creative labs things, so you'll never know!

Thanks for any help! Best regards.

maarek, i have the same problem. sometimes smartdoctor works on bootup, sometimes it doesn't. when it doesn't it displays Error '48' /n File not found: itevio.dll"

here is a post of a person with the same problem that says he has fixed it. i tried to get him to respond but can't.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=4643

Oh well, for smart doctor currently my fix is to remove the line in the registry run section and in it's ini to prevent it to start with windows.

For that thread, probably the "solved" was in solution to the other problem.

Btw, I'm using a ps2 keyboard and usb mouse. If I enable mouse legacy the board will stop during post with a "keyboard locked up" message. My case has no lock feature (nor it's connected).

On a side note, If you are burning a dvd with nero (might be any other prog) and use sandra to check stuff at the same time, don't go to your ata/atapi properties. I can't understand how it happened to me, but I had a blue screen and then my partition table was erased leaving an empty hard disk! Fortunately I could undelete them with a 3rd party program (btw, using sata port 3 ).

Well, got myself a D-Link 5 port pci card based in a NEC usb chipset model DU-520 rev. A2. Didn't even install supplied drivers, SP2 took care of it and my x45 runs perfectly as it did before. No more half installed joystick with lights off in boot up or after reboot, so this was really the problem. Well, hope this helps anyone with the same probs.

Still, if anyone got a way to make smardoctor autostart fine with an audigy2 (being that it's drivers start up cause SD to crash) I'd really appreciate your help. Cheers!

maarek you could try disabling the sbdrvdet in msconfig startup services. didn't work for me but may work for you.

start -> run -> msconfig -> tab entitled startup

Still, if anyone got a way to make smardoctor autostart fine with an audigy2 (being that it's drivers start up cause SD to crash) I'd really appreciate your help. Cheers!

audigy2_ITE.jpg

5th PCI slot for the Audigy2 ZS

after installing CD-ROM drivers, I go here:

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/su.asp

(if this link doesnt work, go here:

http://us.creative.com/support/ and choose Software Auto Update)

and use the Auto-update feature. Continue to use it until it tells you there are no more updates to install.

The Auto-Update feature only seems to work with IE6 browser.

also your RAM timings could be a problem...250FSB @ 2-3-3-7 might not work as well as 2.5-3-3-7 or even 2.5-3-3-10 @ 2.9v (if on brainpower pcb modules)

Thank you both for the suggestion to disable SBDrvDet.exe as it did the trick, now smartguardian starts fine. Btw, previously AbitEq would refuse to start doing the same kind of errors if I started it before CL stuff finished loading, but there weren't this problems since that program on autostart only loaded the tray icon, It wasn't talking with hardware as when it was run (and would crash too is called during startup). As I have no external Creative Drive, this doesn't affect me.

Angry_Games, I already had the latest software, so autoupdate can't find anything to install, but thanks for the heads up. On pci slots, I settled with slot 3 because only in this one it will have it's own legacy IRQ, being that only the firewire port will be shared with the onboard (if CL is alone), and now it's shared with one of the new usb ports. On 4 I have the usb controller wich has now one irq alone, and the other shared with the CL's firewire.

When using slot5 for the CL it would set it's firewire port to a free irq, and the card itself woud share the same legacy irq with my 5900. Again, I know that apic makes it work like if there a couple hundred irqs, being the old numbers (and even the extended table only for legacy) but in the past there have been a lot of pci issues with CL products, so I prefer to play safe on this. (Hah, the previous DFI I had was a good old ak-75EC with the problematic 686B bridge and latency problems that didn't do well with CL stuff).

For memory suggestions, well, at least for now I'm not overclocking (hah got too used with one year of k8t800 :P) , I primarily play Il2 with that pc and my cpu does fine, my bottleneck is really the 5900 :(. For brainpower pcb's, If I'm not mistaken these plat LE have the old B6U808. Still, I'd try to keep 2-2-2 as long as I could in these bh-6 or 2.5-3-2-10 in the worst case, but hey, for now I'm happy running it stock :angel: .

I edited this thread's subject with resolved tags, but it's not shown while browsing the forum, so I ask if you could add them as my problems are completely gone.

Thanks again and best regards.

PS: For what I can see, 9/14 is latest offical stable bios. But looking for the beta issues with this one on C0 step cpus, is it safe as the 8/24?