Sign in to follow this  
recoverep

NF3 detecting array...

Ok you have probably seen me on here before. Well guess what? I am back. Here is what I got...

I have been messing around with my board and read a bunch on overclocking the A64. I am still getting a "detecting array" message if I raise the CPU speed over 2100mhz. I did isolate the memory by lowering the CPU multi and seeing how far I could push the ram and this told me the problem was not in the ram. I could successfully overclock my ram up to 241 with a 1:1 ratio with no errors in memtest86 (timings 3-3-3-10 and 2.8v). Once I found my memory ceiling it was time to move onto the CPU. I brought the LDT multi back to 3x, then I brought the CPU/FSB multi up to 10 (with 1.475v x 110%). I didn't expect this to work I was just testing. Restarted and got a beep and I thought it was gonna go but then I got the stupid detecting array .. So i then lowered the FSB by 5 intervals until I got back to 200. The only time it bypassed the detecting array screen was anything at or under 210, even still windows wouldn't load correctly. So here I am again... stuck at stock settings. What a bummer... I though the DTR's were suppose to be the gods of overclocking but it looks like I got a defect (atleast I think its the CPU unless anyone else knows of another culprite). I was told a SATA card would fix the problem since the PCI speeds are locked (unlike the ones on the motherboard)... can anyone attest to this?

*UPDATE*

I also tried taking out the SATA card all together and disabling those ports. It still would not post past the "detecting array screen." This was done after following the "DFI way of clearing the bios." I am lost in whats going on here... I suppose it is the CPU then, would I be correct in this assumption based on my testings?

-Josh :confused:

Your memory timings 3-3-3-10 and 2.8v is fine.

Try putting your SATA hard disk to slots 3 & 4 (near the AGP slot) Instead of slots 1 & 2.

Also try raising your chipset voltage to 1.7v and your CPU voltage to 1.5v x 110% or 1.5v x 113%. Put the LDT to 3x.

What CPU cooler are you using? Im asking because as you try to raise voltages to get your system to be stable, your CPU in heat up accordingly. If you have an efficient cooler, you have more headroom in your voltages.

1x1024mb OCZ DDR400 3-3-3-8
That when called upon to supply the cpu at a fast rate is the likely cause.

AG's brother bought a matched pair of some kind of OCZ sticks a few months ago and they were tested to 250FSB before he got them. Saw them at the Egg for a day or two back then and they were right at $600 for the set of two. Don't rememeber the part number but they did have some 1 gig sticks that would motor. All else is suspect and is why you do not see any fast rated 1 gig sticks.

RGone...

Your memory timings 3-3-3-10 and 2.8v is fine.

Try putting your SATA hard disk to slots 3 & 4 (near the AGP slot) Instead of slots 1 & 2.

Also try raising your chipset voltage to 1.7v and your CPU voltage to 1.5v x 110% or 1.5v x 113%. Put the LDT to 3x.

What CPU cooler are you using? Im asking because as you try to raise voltages to get your system to be stable, your CPU in heat up accordingly. If you have an efficient cooler, you have more headroom in your voltages.

Yeah I have tried the 3&4 SATA slots. I will give the voltage a try. I should have the head room I am using the Thermalright SLK-948U with artic 5 silver.

*Update*

I just tried the 3&4 slot with the upped chipset voltage and CPU voltage and LDT was always set to x3. I had no luck here...

Yeah I have tried the 3&4 SATA slots. I will give the voltage a try. I should have the head room I am using the Thermalright SLK-948U with artic 5 silver.

*Update*

I just tried the 3&4 slot with the upped chipset voltage and CPU voltage and LDT was always set to x3. I had no luck here...

For testing purposes, try changing your memory divider to 166 instead of 1:1. If you can increase your FSB with this setting then your its most likely that your memory is the one limiting your overclock, not your CPU.

Or you can try increasing your voltages still. Plus also try increasingyour memory voltage. When I used my old memory before, I had tried raising the chipset to 1.8 and my CPU voltage to 1.55 x 113%. I somehow lessend the occurances of this dreaded "dectecting array" problem, but I had to change my memory since I was not comfortable with using high voltages for a long time. Now everythings fine.

I used to push mine to 1.7v before I put a vantec heatsink into it. But even now I just push it as high as 1.8v when trying out some new settings with my system. It may go higher than that, but im afraid of running the chipset in ultra high voltages for long periods of time. Currently my system is set with 1.7v on the chipset, anything lower than that and some of those weird OC things creep up again.