Sign in to follow this  
trickson

question about ram.

Ok, the recommended settings for your ram has been tested by Corsair @ 2.5-3-3-6.

Since you have DDR ram (double rank) and are populating ALL 3 slots, the way to get 1T is to set DDR = 200. Make sure CPC = enabled.

I tryed that and it gave me the blue screen of death and locked the system up hard . also had to clear cmoss just to get it to boot . skip is right I think if all 3 are populated you can't get the 1T timmings and so I plan to take that stick of ram back and just stick with the 1 gig . like I have had all along . going to look for a new mobo that will support what I want . I just wish this one did ..

ok 1 gig of TwinX (2 - 512 meg sticks ) and one 512 meg stick that makes 3 dim slots full . but she wont do 1T timmings at all ! guess that is how it is then well don't have a clue . the manual says it can take up to 2 gigs of DDR 400 . so what could be the problem? I haven't a clue..

You cannot run your motherboard with 3 memory sticks, this will make your system unstable. Its the board's limitation, theres nothing wrong with your board or memory. Remove the extra stick and everything will run fine, if you want bigger memory, you have to get those 1G sticks.

You cannot run your motherboard with 3 memory sticks, this will make your system unstable. Its the board's limitation, theres nothing wrong with your board or memory. Remove the extra stick and everything will run fine, if you want bigger memory, you have to get those 1G sticks.

well that is a huge limitation if you ask me then what is the reason for the 3 slot's? sounds likeDFI did some thing realy wrong here. If you install 3 dimm slot'e and can only use 2 of them doen't that seem a little odd to you ? sounds realy odd to me .. that is one reason I am looking into a new Mobo. and what if some one want's 3 gig's of ram? the manufacture say's it suports it ?? (just not 3 sticks). they should tell the consumer about things like this it is more than an over site if you ask me.

sounds likeDFI did some thing realy wrong here.

Nope sounds like you have not fully comprehended the manual and the fact that AMD says their memory controller must be throttled back to support 3 sticks of memory in toto. It really is as simple as that.

Hop on over to the MSI forums or the Giga forums and you will see the same things at hand.

Set memory speed to 166 and you might run 1T but then you do not have 3 matching sticks which is another thing for the cpu memory controller to have to balance.

If you want or even need a double wadded handful of memory then you will likely leave behind the current enthusiast style mobo and get either a plane jane non overclocker and the chipset/bios will auto declock the board as it is instructed to do and that likely will be that or a non overclocking workstation style mobo.

It actually just boils down to the facts of the design by AMD and their specs.

RGone...

Nope sounds like you have not fully comprehended the manual and the fact that AMD says their memory controller must be throttled back to support 3 sticks of memory in toto. It really is as simple as that.

Hop on over to the MSI forums or the Giga forums and you will see the same things at hand.

Set memory speed to 166 and you might run 1T but then you do not have 3 matching sticks which is another thing for the cpu memory controller to have to balance.

If you want or even need a double wadded handful of memory then you will likely leave behind the current enthusiast style mobo and get either a plane jane non overclocker and the chipset/bios will auto declock the board as it is instructed to do and that likely will be that or a non overclocking workstation style mobo.

It actually just boils down to the facts of the design by AMD and their specs.

RGone...

I am in the same boat as trickson: dilema or enema :confused: Of course its does make sense to use 2 oars instead of 3

Dam or Darn or just plain Stupid of me for not researching on running 3 sticks of Ram. I bought an extra matched set of OCZ Platinum Limited Edition PC3200.

Oh well!! I am KEEPING the DFI NF250 and selling the matched set of OCZ ram 2,2,2,5 :) If I am not allowed to advertise my Ram please delete this. No offense meant. :confused:

I am KEEPING the DFI NF250 and selling the matched set of OCZ ram 2,2,2,5
Throw up a post in off topic forum "ram for sale" and more people will see it.

just found out some thing weerd , the 3'rd dimm slot ,(from the CPU ) is a 2T slot. I took all my ram out and went slot by slot with one ram stick and the 2 slots closest to the CPU are 1T the last slot is a 2T slot .. weerd ..... weerd.... weeerd.... this mobo is full of oddities .....