Jess1313 Here - Any suggestions on what to build

Hey Guys

Sorry for not being around for awail, the family has been having some problems that we had to work though. Things are looking up though & just wanted to see what the latest thing has been.

Our 250UT bit the bullit about 3 months ago so I havnt been doing any work with it. I guess I will be looking into the next thing coming up. I couldnt aford to replace the 250 UT at the time & thought I would just wait till I could buy & move up in performance.

So whatz the big peformer now & is it worth making the jump. No big hurry in building for me, but in about two weeks it will be time to build. Ill be cruzing & read as always & see what I think, but imput from the DFI clan is always good.

RGone & AG wus up

Jess

hola Jess, hope you and SJ are doing well...we began to worry about you a couple months ago...glad to see you still kickin heh

If you want SLI, get the Nf4 SLI board

if you only have a single PCI-E card...get the NF4 Ultra-D

I've hit 310FSB (HTT) 1:1 with OCZ 4200EL 2x512 on the NF4 SLI and a Winchester 3200+, so you should be able to get the same with either the SLI or the Ultra-D since they are the exact same board, PCB, etc. Only difference is one is SLI, one is not.

Whuzup? Hehehehehe. Glad to see you kicking man just as AG pro-offered. Am I to understand the UT met an UnTimely death? Wuz it major modded beyond recognition as a DFI motherboard? If not man you should have RMA'd that puppy and gotten going again. My UT250 is what had me prepared for the goodness that appears to be NF4.

Hoping soon to get NF4 going again and then for sure the UT will assume daily working role when it is not being torn down and rebuilt to assess a customer setup.

Luck to you man and glad to see the breath of life is still in and out for you and yours.

RGone...

Perhaps the nf4 ultra and sli launch awoke one of the dfi modding and testing gurus? (you are well known here and at other overclocking places) your settings and bioses have helped many users.

In any case, go with one of the two boards listed above. You should be able to find them pretty easily in a few weeks. (at reasonable prices)

If you don't want pci-express you can always pick up another ut250 or perhaps wait for the dfi s939 agp motherboard.(hoping early march)

In any case thanks for stopping in, hope everything is going okay at home.

ThanKs For The Welcome :shake:

Hey, sure is nice to see a good welcome, Thanx guys. As far as the family,Things are Ok but still need some improvements. But hey we go threw are ups & downs. we just had to back up & take care the more important things for awail. Not that U guys are not important or anything, but U get the picture.

Thunda, well be back in the game as soon as we get some things ironed out.

Untimely Death, U always have way with words RGone HeHe.....

Hey RGone, our board was not modded, but we do have heatsinks on most anything that needed it. We also cemented them & thats why we didnt send it in for a RMA. But if you think they would replace it that would be nice to have it going again. Do kinda need it for daily use, and have all the hardware,case,PSU still just sitting there that went to it.

Whuzup? Hehehehehe. Glad to see you kicking man just as AG pro-offered. Am I to understand the UT met an UnTimely death? Wuz it major modded beyond recognition as a DFI motherboard? If not man you should have RMA'd that puppy and gotten going again.

RGone...

As for next build

As for SLI, we dont have any SLI VID cards yet, but I think the Duel cards sounds like a real gaming rig to me. I would really like to be on top shelf with the next build. If the performance is worth the price. Also what about the Duel Die CPUs that are suppost to be coming out, are they within release date to be worth waiting for,or does the NF4 SLI have the performance to make it worth building a new rig now.

I am not hurting for a rig, but I would like to build a real hotrod with the next one. Probably do some water cooling this time. But I want to be sure and make as good of a jump in performance as I can. It will be a gaming rig & as always have to do some major benchmarking hehe......

Also I think with the way games are going I would want to be able to run 2gig of ram for gaming. I have other mem to use when benchmarking. Everything will be from scratch, so I dont have to worry with keeping anything capatable with older hardware.

Like I said tho, I have a lot of reading to do before I start buying. But any info U guys can tho in will always be of help.

Jess

family is always more important than anything else.

If you want SLI then get the board, and be careful about buying vid cards...make sure they are SLI capable and they are the same model etc.

or you can get just a single X850XT PE etc as it is quite good.

Winchester cpu

TCCD RAM

500w 24-pin psu

74GB Raptors for RAID-0

Danger Den watercooling

what else could you possibly want? ;)

We also cemented them & thats why we didnt send it in for a RMA.

Freeze them or heat^^them up and they should come off. Email me at my addy your dad should have my email address of my own.

RGone...