playing video games DOES pay off!

Angry_Games

I never would have believed it...I made fun of all the Everquest nerds and Ultima Online dweebs etc...

then Momma and I got into playing Eve-Online, some space sci-fi MMOG (thats massivley multiplayer nerd festival for those of you not 'in the know').

we put in a lot of time here and there to just play and have fun, and now we've just sold both account on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=8163752493

Buyer paid us a bit more than we spent money-wise, but in all honesty, with the time we put into the game, I think we got fair compensation w00t!

i guess you can sell anything on ebay (just got done looking at that 'Evil RAM' from MasterTech's thread hehe)

Obviously, I'm not "In the Know", because I have no idea what the hell that game is about. Never heard of it, until now. I guess that means I'm not a nerd or a dweeb....:)

I have no clue what any of those qualifications and skills that your characters have mean, but they must be some serious azz kickers. :)

I was shocked to see the price it went for and the number of bids placed.

Yep, it's obvious to me that you can sell anything on Ebay...

Congrats!

DS

people have been selling MMORPG characters and items for a loooong time. i've heard of poeple actually doing it for a living. although, the best way to make money in video games is pro-gaming. hundreds of thousands of dollars can be won in a single tournament. i play competitively, but don't have the time nor freedom to go about it professionally.

congrats on your sale. :)

:)

I'm guessing you live in Vallejo unless the Vacaville area has really grown in the last decade. Of course there's Travis AFB. Not much else on I-80. Otherwise you would have said Berkeley or Napa.

Am I close?

I still have a place on Chatanooga Street in SF. It's amazing how people come up with the rent money out there. I actually got a cash shipment that smelled of wacky weed. It was packed just like you see on those cop shows.

there's actually a lot between Sac and S.F. Rancho Cordova, Fairfield, Walnut Creek, Hilltop, Pinole, etc...Even if it was at Berkeley or Napa, I wouldn't really state it. There's crazy people in them thar hills!

there's actually a lot between Sac and S.F. Rancho Cordova, Fairfield, Walnut Creek, Hilltop, Pinole, etc...Even if it was at Berkeley or Napa, I wouldn't really state it. There's crazy people in them thar hills!

I forgot all about those places. That brings back some memories. I used to make the drive from SF to Reno a couple of times a month. Nothing like Donner Pass on a clear snowy day. I finally sold my place in Reno and built in SF after the earthquake.

Those "crazy people" are the reason I live down on the Gulf Coast.