WiFi Help

king of nothing

king of nothing, you set static ip's to your ISP's DNS servers? hmmmm, why didn't i think of that before!
Yeah. You have to hunt around in the router setup.... but there's a spot to turn off the router DNS stuff. After turning it off I had to specify DNS servers for each network connection... but then it worked great.

It probably isn't the best solution if you want to have an open wireless access point.... but if she's the only one using it, it's great.

• 7 months later...

Guys im looking to buy a Wifi modem cause the internet monthly fee is, I believe a waste of money cause im paying for sth that i can use freely which is not illegal at all. I have been using the modem sagem f@st 800 and paying about 35$ for a connection of 2M. The contract was basically for a whole year. The expiration is on this coming october. So id like to ask to people who has some experience in Wifi domain. This is totally new to me and i have a series of questions to ask you.

_What kind of modem do i need to buy?

_What model preferably?

_After I install it with its installer CD, what do i need to do to get a connection?

_If you have screenshots concerning this could you post them up please?

_After i install this modem do i need a software to be able to use networks around me?

Please reply.

Well i dont know, I thought I could use internet connection if I installed a Wifi modem by using a network that should be around the environment im living in? Am I wrong? Do I really have to subscribe to an internet company to get access to internet? Or (like i said) can I just use internet freely with a Wifi modem that ill buy at the shops?

Well i dont know, I thought I could use internet connection if I installed a Wifi modem by using a network that should be around the environment im living in? Am I wrong? Do I really have to subscribe to an internet company to get access to internet? Or (like i said) can I just use internet freely with a Wifi modem that ill buy at the shops?

Unless you are in an actual WiFi Hotspot, then yes.. Otherwise its more than likely you are using someone else's Internet connection without thier knowledge (Which is BTW illegal).

This is usually because they have got say DSL from Verizon that comes with a Wireless modem/Router, and they are not told/dont know how to configure it so only computers in thier home can connect/see the wireless network..

EDIT:: Psst btw, change your location before someone jumps on you for it.. :D

• 1 month later...