KT600-AL problem. HUGE PROBLEM!

Alright, so I've had some problems with this motherboard since I got it. First it was freezing and blue-screen-of-death when left on for long periods of time. That happened no matter what BIOS version was used. I tried reformatting, and it hangs on 25% installed in the DOS-based Windows XP setup program. I'm stumped, and Tech support has yet to call me back before 7:00 PM, at which point I'm working or not at home. Any information would be wonderful, especially whether or not this is eligible for an exchange. I like the features, and I'm sure its just a lemon, but right now I'm wasting thousands of dollars worth of components becuase I can't use the motherboard. A test with a Shuttle AK-38N motherboard confirms that it is the motherboard. no problems with that one.

Specs:

Athlon 2400+ 266 MHz FSB

512MB (2x256) DDR2700 RAM

ATI Radeon 9600XT 128 MB

Samsung DVD/CD-RW Drive

LG CD-RW drive (both on IDE)

Western Digital 40 GB IDE HDD

Western Digital 80 GB IDE HDD

If your board is within the RMA period/warranty period provided by your vendor then RMA the board to them. If not within that period then you need to contact the tech support section of DFI for your region of the world and setup an RMA.

RGone...

• 4 weeks later...

I am from Poland so my English isn't so good :)

I see u have the same mobo. I have problem becouse I can't set FSB above 165 MHz. Why ? I download the new BIOS from producer web. I flash the bios but this not help. What I suppose to do ? U can write answers on my e-mail : [email protected]

THX 4 HELP

My mobo DFI KT600-AL

sorry for my English :nod:

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section, paying close attention to the second post in teh 'critical' thread (about system specs in your sig).

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post.

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version. The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

keep in mind that VIA KT chipsets before the K8T800 Pro did not have working divider and are not overclockers in the least.