Sign in to follow this  
nms169

Make the most of what I have

Ok, I got my new memory last night. Newegg took 13 days to get it to me, theyve never taken more then 3. But anyways, I played around with some settings in the bios. Nothing is stable other then stock speeds. But I dont really think im doing it right. Is there any one that can recomend some settings in bios to start at to make the most of what i have. Also im really not sure what timeings my memory is running at, but its advertised at 2 2 2 5. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

in dram config: ddr200 1/01; CPC enabled. Try loosening the timings to like 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 10. I have my vdimm set to 2.8 Play w/ fsb upping it to oc the mem 1:1.

try running memtest, you should not get any errors.

Is it the 2x 512 OCZ Platinum dual ch. rev. 2 it should be able to over clock easaly though only to about 220 at 222 Try setting things to 2.5-3-3-7 and reduce the HT. It should be able to overclck then

Is it the 2x 512 OCZ Platinum dual ch. rev. 2 it should be able to over clock easaly though only to about 220 at 222 Try setting things to 2.5-3-3-7 and reduce the HT. It should be able to overclck then

Oh, it can go highter than 220.

in dram config: ddr200 1/01; CPC enabled. Try loosening the timings to like 2.5 - 3 - 3 - 10. I have my vcore set to 2.8 Play w/ fsb upping it to oc the mem 1:1.

try running memtest, you should not get any errors.

Typo!!! Not vcore to 2.8. vdimm to 2.8. :)

A couple of tips: I just found out last night that my rig is much more stable at high FSB using slots 1&3. Some do better with 1&2.

Do lots of memtesting before you mess with the OS.

Is it the 2x 512 OCZ Platinum dual ch. rev. 2 it should be able to over clock easaly though only to about 220

If im not mistaken the rev 2 are TCCD chips? These guys should be able to reach 250.

If im not mistaken the rev 2 are TCCD chips? These guys should be able to reach 250.

yep, they sure can.