Sign in to follow this  
BadBadtz

AMD64 3000+ Detect array....

What happens when you run 225x10? Can you go higher than 225 on FSB/HTTx10 multi and boot? Are you wanting to get maximum Ghz speed or a balance of Ghz and memory bandwith?

DS

I can run 225x10 but that is about the limit.................I'm wanting to find max GHz over memory bandwidth as my memory really isnt up to the job

Take a screen shot of "memory" in cpuz and post it. Just curious if the 9:10 divider is actually working.

I'm at work at the moment but will get a screen shot tonight. It does appear to be working as I cant boot if the memory is set to 1:1

Defintely sounds like a memory problem. There are not very people that haven't been able to oc a 3000 at least to 2.3 or 2.4 if things are set correctly. But, then again you could just be unlucky. :( Let's hope not! ;)

DS

Memory is just budget stuff...............Nanya Tech PC3200 nothing fancy

Currently running 250 x 9 with HTT 3

Memory divider set to 9:10 and timings 3 3 8 3

did you try to relax these timings yet? like i said before, this is what i did to fix the exact same problem you're having. well, same symptom, anyway. try changing 3/3/8/3 to 3/4/8/3 or 3/4/8/4. you may also consider dropping the 8 to 10 as that value is widely regarding as being the best for nforce3.

also, just to figure out the FSB ceiling of your CPU, why not set the memory divider to 4:5? then you should be more easily able to determine how high your cpu can go. when you do, then go back and slowly try to work your RAM up to 1:1. just a thought.

try moving your SATA's on 1 and 2 instead of 3 and 4. I had mine on 3 before and I switched it to 1, now the detecting array doesnt appear as much when playing around with settings.

also, just to figure out the FSB ceiling of your CPU, why not set the memory divider to 4:5? then you should be more easily able to determine how high your cpu can go. when you do, then go back and slowly try to work your RAM up to 1:1. just a thought.

Excellent suggestion. :)

DS

Ok..........I had another go last night and basically I cant get it stable with 230 x 10. Using relaxed memory timimgs help but its still not Prime95 stable.

I've even tried the lowest memory divider but doesnt help :( so I cant really find the CPU ceiling. I also notice that when I'm using the 9:10 divider, CPUZ does not recognise the speed??

I left it last night at 250 x 9 with a memory divider of 9:10 with 3 3 8 3...........this is Prime stable. BUT the moment I try to get past 250 (eg 252) its not at all stable :(

With the current setup what SuperPi 1M is respectable? I currently get 40s. And I get about 15,000 in 3DMark01 with the old Ti4600

Thanks all

I hate to say it, but you may have found your max cpu speed. Although some 3000s hit 2.4-2.5, there are some out there that will barely get 2.2. It is basically the luck of the draw if you get that good overclocker or not.

DS

I cant get it stable with 230 x 10. Using relaxed memory timimgs help but its still not Prime95 stable.

did u raise the chipset voltage to 1.7V? i had to do that to get 260 stable.

that when I'm using the 9:10 divider, CPUZ does not recognise the speed??

happened to me too- wouldn't worry about it.

I currently get 40s. And I get about 15,000 in 3DMark01 with the old Ti4600

dunno about superpi but that 3dmark01 score is pretty good with a ti4600. i bet if you threw a 6800gt in there, i bet it would go up at least 10K points.