Sign in to follow this  
ShRoOmAlIsTiC

New Beta Bios 250gb UT?

Really hope a MemTest86 inclusive version pops up soon - i can't live without having that little app built into my BiOS :)

I was never able to get MemTest86 to work. It always would just cause the machine to reboot after it got past the bios.

Funny you should mention that actually, with the new CPU i picked up this afternoon i'm finding the same problem. About to reflash, perhaps that'll fix it.

I'd be very surprised if there was something in the 0434 week 3400+'s which made it work though, which is absent in the 0431 week 3400+'s :confused:

I'd be very surprised if there was something in the 0434 week 3400+'s which made it work though, which is absent in the 0431 week 3400+'s :confused:

Didnt you also switch from NC to CH, and from Desktop to Mobile?

I read a post a while back on XS about moddin bios files. Tony @ OCZ can mod bios files to unlock features that are hidden. maybe if someone knows him? there could be a chance he could find some time to hook us up. hmm.. oczmemtest and 4.0v bios.

i would give that a go for sure.. i miss 3.3vdmm already.

Didnt you also switch from NC to CH, and from Desktop to Mobile?

Nope.

Switched from a fried NC Desktop 3400+ to a working NC Desktop 3400+ :P

has anyone been able to go higher than 3.5v on the other 4.0v vdimm beta bioses?

i'm asking this cause i switched from a moded antec 480w to a powerstream and my 3.3v rail according to DMM reading is 3.9v but in bios it shows 3.72v and the highest i can get for vdimm is 3.48v- 3.49v

i thought this was maybe cause of the psu but it seems the same way with the new psu as well.

shouldn't i be able to get at least 3.55v with a 3.3v rail of 3.72v? or more with the new psu at 3.9v?

is there something on the mobo limiting how much vdimm i get nomatter what i set it in the bios? maybe a jumper like on the nF4?

can someone try setting it more than 3.5v for me and let me know if the voltages stick for vdimm?