Sign in to follow this  
ShRoOmAlIsTiC

New Beta Bios 250gb UT?

Well.. Im running my timings in sig, but to run with interleaving on I changed my Preamble to 5ns... with these settings ive dropped my superpi from 32sec's to 31sec's. Only a second but every one counts.. ;)

Im off to bed..will be benching more tomorrow night to test..

Sorry to run off in your thread Shoomster..hehe :)

Does it add any compatibility with other memory?

I run some OCZ premiere pc3200, and it wont let me run 1T at all, if i try that.. it just hangs at end of bios, just before the windows loading screen should appear.

Guest Jon

That bios just killed my overclock in a huge way, was at 267x10 but with the beta bios it reboots at 260x10 with the memory timings even loose.

But the bandwidth in memtest was like 200mb/s more, even with bank interleaving disabled it would still reboot trying to get to desktop at 260x10 so something is a miss with this one.

Guest Jon
So my machine went into a power off / reboot loop when Windows XP got to the logon screen. :(

Same with me, went back to 10/05 and all is good again,lol.

works fine for me so far, haven't tried to oc yet, and haven't seen if it cured my cold boot issues, testing is for tommarow, i hate shutting down and starting up comp a lot becuase it makes me feel that im wearing it out

Anyone have the link to the 10/15 bios? I need to revert.

HERE

For all you guys flashing without a savior or backup chip..

dont forget this is a BETA bios..

I've had good results with this new bios. For once I don't see that dreaded "Detecting Array" message again. I haven't tried to OC yet. I might try tonight.

Will definately give this a go.... THunDA, if my system goes pair-shape how quick is your response time in sending out a new BIOS chip? hehehehe