Sign in to follow this  
Guest shaolin95_merged

Guys where can I find Air Duct for my CPU and PS?

Guest shaolin95

HI!

I need an Air Duct for my CPU as that seems to help a lot in cooling and also I need a way to route the hot air from my PS' fan so it goes directly up instead of getting pulled back in by my case's back fans.

Regards

I have one of the Silver Overclockers cooler kit sitting on my shelf here. It *looks* like it will work great but won't work in my case (Coolermaster Praetorian). Talk about a letdown.

Anyway, it has the duct for your PSU and everything. I know this isn't the for sale forum but if you are looking for one PM me and we can work something out.

Guest shaolin95
I have one of the Silver Overclockers cooler kit sitting on my shelf here. It *looks* like it will work great but won't work in my case (Coolermaster Praetorian). Talk about a letdown.

Anyway, it has the duct for your PSU and everything. I know this isn't the for sale forum but if you are looking for one PM me and we can work something out.

You got PM.

Kleptik, that Evercool air duct could be good for me, thanks.

It may not look pretty but you can always use dryer venting hose. I run the outside air(i.e. sub-zero)right to my CPU through my tornado fan. My CPU runs cooler under full load than my system temp is :D .! But I don't really care that my computer sits by my window with dryer hoses running out of it and about 3 blankets wrapped around it to keep it from making my living room any colder. That will keep my 'Ho cold until summer when I run my AC through it :nod: .

One of the best way to keep the case cool is obviously a good fan on top of the casing, midway between the front and the back, more or less. If there is one strategic place to have a fan, that would be it. The problem with this position is its "tightness" to modding...with all the wires, devices, drilling and sanding.

I found a made in taiwan tray the size of a standard cdrom, equipped with 2, 100mm fans with around 2.8k rpm..... God the volume of air it moves and still be relatively silent! All I had to do was to insert it to the uppermost tray and viola... the wonders it did to the temps. I had to however disable my back fans as you would only want unidirectional airflow.... cool air being sucked in from the bottom ventilation holes...upwards towards the uppermost tray, bringing along the warm air from the CPU. The top of my case does not even feel mildly warm when before it was quite warm.

I have though a problem. My "desktop" is located below my desk....and boy that volume of air blowing into my legs and tummy often gives me a stomachache !!! :O :shake:

Guest Daishi

you people make my head hurt......................really..................

my own cooling solution is both extreame and expensive, i know, however what you people are proposing is just so..............ugh.

i have had very good results cooling my sister's computer by taking a PLAIN $20 CDN case, modding the front and bezel to accept a 120 mm panaflo L1A drawing intake air.

that air goes more-or-less straight back, along the bottom, and exausts out of a 120 mm L1A in the bottom, back corner of the side panel, cooling SB, HDDs and vid card.

i have a third L1A positioned in the side panel, over the CPU, bringing in more air for only the CPU and PSU.

i then have a 80 mm panaflo M1A in the back of the case, exausting hot CPU air.

this layout has nice, balanced airflow, with only moderate noise and most of the noise is nice and low frequency.

CPU is an old DLT3C OCd to 2.4 and an SP-97 with 92mm delta, running at 5 volts.

the case temp seldom gets above room temperature (25 C), the CPU temp does not top 45 C.

Guest shaolin95

Nice mod that plastic bag thins :-) I am going to try it just to see how much the actual concept helps lower temps. Unfortunately with my X-Navigator case I need something that looks nice AND works at the same time. Thanks all btw, very interesting ideas youve been giving me. I am trying to convice my wife to let me route my PC room's ac vent directly to my case's back fans!!!! Wish me luck....

My case does have a fan on top blowing hot air out btw.

Regards

Guest Daishi

that certainly is a bright and shiney case that you have there.

i can understand why you do not want to cut it up.

i can't say that i much like the airflow pattern of it, but then again i'm crazy that way, you know.

i take it that the "evil master plan" for having those rear fan(s) sucking air inwards is so that air comes in through them, some goes into the PSU intake (inside the case) and most goes on to the CPU and is then exausted through the blowhole, cooling the ram as well.

have you, just for the fun of it, tried the amd reccomended fan layout of having all fans at the rear as exaust, and all other fans as intake?

also, if you were to add a clear plastic or blue LED fan to that side panel, over the CPU, drawing inwards, with an attractive fan grill, then you would imporve you cooling, without hurting the case's looks.

and a good HSF will help with your temps more than any of this other stuff, however ducting and plastic bags ARE a whole lot cheaper.

Guest shaolin95

Do you mean adding a second side fan on top of the 120mm already there?

Yes I tried different setups but the thing is the front 80mm that they used as intake had the HDs in front blocking air and also the plastic cover in front I dont think was letting a lot of air in anyway so I put another fan in front on top of the other but both now are blowing out. The side fan is also now blowing in instead of out as it came from factory. So basically I now have a totally different config than the way it came stock since I didnt like their setup either. Now I have the 2 on the back and side one blowing in and the one on top and two in front blowing out. I am sure that using the air duct will help two things, lower my CPU temp since the air will be blowing directly to it thus preventing any possible faulty air flow caused by having air from the back and the side crashing into each other. And also that side fan should be able to cool my chipset and video card much better. When I get the OC kit from wicked I am going to test other configs just in case :-)

Regards

PS This is my case, just to make sure we are talking about the same one.

http://www.aspireusa.net/images/ATXA8NW-BL-S0-S.jpg