Sign in to follow this  
Mekrel

Major Sata problems

Hi guys,

Lately my 250G UT has been playing up alot during post. Firstly the post says 250G then comes to the

"detecting IDE drives..."

This seems to take ages compared to what it used to detect them, which was lightning fast. It detects my optical drivers after a while and then trys to detect my sata drives which also takes ages. Anyhow, it then proceeds to try to boot windows but it comes up "NTDLR Missing , Please press CNTRL+ALT+DEL to reboot".

Now sometimes it will do this, and other times the nvidea IDE raid manager will comeup but wont find anything and reboot the pc.

If I press escape and get the boot menu, and press enter on the raptor it will then boot.

After first getting this, i took the whole thing apart and replugged everything back up and still got the error. I then changed swaped around the drives so that the one on SATA4 was now on 3 etc.

And then rebooted and it got into windows without no problems, simple I thought because obviously the controler info was not the same as boot.ini but I had never swapped them around in the first place :confused: .

This morning I feel real ill, so needed to email my tutor to say i wont be in, but turned on the pc and got the NTDLR is missing again. So to get on here I just loaded via boot menu. IIRC there was a thread when someone was saying sometimes thier sata ports were "disappearing" which has happened to me before.

Anyway, I just got a raptor on SATA3, and a maxtor 120GB on sata4 and I have no raids. I did not load the nvraid drivers from the floppy but I did install the 6.14 nforce drivers - wether or not they contain the nvraid drivers aswell i do not now.

Anyway hope you can help me, and much appreciated

Mark.

Ok a quick update, I just swapped the drive ports around again and have done 2 warm boots, and seems to load fine.

However now my internet is really playing up. took me 3 attempts to get onto MSFN, Ocuk and DFI street, and I know its not my actual connection. When I used esc to boot from the boot menu, this was also happening.

Oh well im going to reformat again I think :)

Sounds like it could be a driver problem. I would try using uninstalling the Nvidia Drivers, use DriverCleaner, and re-install before I bit the format bullet. My ethernet driver got hosed when I first installed SP2, and I had to go back and reinstall the ethernet and GART drivers. Good Luck! :)

DS

Thanks BB_One just flashed and after reboot everything seemed to go fine, although still got the internet problem. Although Ive just bought a DVD rewritter so im beefing out my unattended windows CD with more applications and gonna reformat later. The bios update now says I idle at 27 degrees :)

Ok instead of creating another thread, my IDE are seriously playing up now.

They just keep randomly disappearing, like either my CD-RW will not appear at post, and sometimes that and my DVD-RW will also disappear too.

I have changed the IDE cables (used both the yellow ones which came with the board). Will buy some others tomorrow just incase I have been extremely unlucky and got two duff cables.