*RIP, my mushkin* i want to cry.....

Guest Daishi_merged

Sorry, overlooked where you talked about testing outside your rig..

I had some 3500 Level 1 and the 3200 L1's are the same CH-5. Unless you are going to put an insane amount of voltage through them you aren't going to be able to do much. The 3200 L2-2 TCCD are excellent stuff. I've been able to run mine to 2-2-2-10-1t@ 218 and 2.5-3-3-10@240 on 2.8v so far. I haven't tweaked any other settings so I *might* be able to get just a little more out of them.

Also, from what I've read, the A64's don't like CH-5 nearly as much as TCCD.

Guest Psychosis

Yup thats what I was going to say in my last post but forgot, A64's seem to like TCCD mems alot. TCCD are very compatible with lots of boards. I think I would still make a keychain out of it and your other stick and your sisters 2 sticks. :) Good luck on your venture to better ram.

wickedld9:

mushkin high perf levels 1 and 2 are both BH-5, the last time that i checked. BH-5 was a better batch than CH-5. they my have changed over at the end, when they were running out of BH-5 chips, but what you say about needing high voltages to make it run fast is TOTALLY true, regardless of if it is in fact BH-5 or CH-5.

i will keep in mind what you are saying about TCCD and a64, however i don't think that my ram was holding me back with my current rig, since with different sets of memory, my system would not clock any higher. boths sets COULD be crapping out at the exact same point, but the odds of that are slim. it is far more likely to be my board or CPU that will not take the high FSB. if i do, in fact, recieve some TCCD based sticks, and i can SUDDENLY OC, then i will PM you my appologies for doubting you.

however, i wish to make clear that i am not BUYING new memory at the moment, i am getting whatever warrenty replacement that mushkin will give me.

psychosis:

do you also wipe using $20 bills? why would i make a keychain composed of three working ram modules and one dead one? i don't deny that it would look pretty cool. a necklace would be even better. TCCD may be nice and all, but that dosn't make BH-5 any less fearsome when one feeds it enough voltage.

I'm not disputing that it's your mobo holding back the overclock. ;) I'm just saying that if you get TCCD's over CH-5 is probably better in the long run of when you go to A64.

Trust me, I know the 3500's are CH-5 (supposedly Mosel Vitelic now) I have 2x256 PC 3500 Level 1 laying next to me. :)

Here is a list of Mushkin memories:

Mushkin:

- PC3200 (Non Level X, rated 2-2-2-6)

Winbond BH-5

- PC3200 Level I

Winbond CH-5, Mosel chips

- PC3200 Level II

Winbond BH-5 or BH-6(?)

- PC3200 Special 2-2-2

Winbond BH-6

- PC3200 Level II V2

Samsung TCCD 4n (Revision "F")

- PC3500 Level I

Winbond CH-5

- PC3500 Level II

Winbond BH-5

- PC4000

Hynix D5

Check out these links for more info:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=308361

http://www.xtremeresources.com/forums/show...?t=32086&page=1

Guest Psychosis

hehe I was only kidding. Since your only gonna prolly RMA 1 stick of mem then I would shoot for another BH-5 stick or at the very least BH-6 or CH-5. Either way if you end up with BH-6 or CH-5 it might be somewhat more compatible with your current good stick. If they let you RMA the set of both sticks then I would definitely try to get the Samsung TCCD sticks that they make.

BTW, I actually wipe with $100 bills. :P

wickedld9:

a

you have links to back yourself up, which is more than i can say at the moment.

i though that way back when, the level 1 used to be "failed" level 2, and so had the same BH-5 chips, however that is going back to over a year ago when i actually purchased this stuff and actively poked around looking for memory info.

good links, regardless. i will see what i will see when i actually speak to mushkin about the replacement.

i MIGHT or might not do a trade with my sis, if i end up recieving level 1 3500, and she is willing.

slightly looser timings won't hurt her rendering and vid encoding..............

psychosis:

ah, i see. nothing feels as good as the caress of a piece of paper with two zeros on it, eh?

what i actually end up RMAing and getting in return is more up to mushkin than it is up to me.

if i get the choice, it will probably be two sticks of TCCD for when i DO upgrade, i just wish that they had it in the 3500 flavour.

Guest Psychosis

Correct me if I am wrong but I think most of the TCCD mems are actually PC4000(???) but made to run at tighter timings and PC3200 speed. They will run PC3500 specs and beyond on most pc's tho. So, I wouldn't worry too much about them being 3200 and not 3500.

Weird.

Did you test these sticks seperately for overclocking? You never got either to go past 200Mhz?

A pair of CH5 based Lvl 1's will be able to reach 230Mhz on 3.2V.

If the GOOD stick of "BH5" wont do at least 240Mhz 5,2,2,2.0 then I'd turn BOTH sticks in for replacement under warrantee with ....and I'd insist... TCCD sticks. The TCCD's dont cost nearly what the BH5's did when you bought them, so Mushkin is actually making out on the deal. But long term you will be getting almost as good a ram (IF you sticks worked right, sounds like they actually suk'd).

Something to keep in mind, I've heard of counterfiet sticks out there.... people just taking the heatspredder from the "good stuff" and slapping it on cheapo mushkin (so the spd looks right) and reselling them .... keeping the good actual BH5 sticks neked for themselves. So hopefully these are real and you didnt get snooker'd..... Mushkin will open them up and verify.

If the "GOOD" stick actually performs correctly..... hint SINGLE stick of that in my NF7-S does 252Mhz 5,2,2,2.0 and 260Mhz in my Infinity @ 3.25V. If your "good" stick only does 200Mhz, its just not right.

So get 2x CH-5 sticks or 2x TCCD sticks assuming they have no BH5 or BH6 sticks.

You might even want to consider selling off what they give you, and getting 2x Twinmos "VX" equivalents, if your MBoard can make good Vdimm (3.6-3.8V)

uwackme:

i purchased the memory from a store that mushkin links to, and i sincerely HOPE that the stuff is the real thing..............but i suppose that anything can happen.

for various reasons, i tend to suspect that it is my particular board, as opposed to the memory.

ahhh...................i LOVE mushkin warrenty.

getting a set of mushkin 4400 dual channel.

TCCD rev. F on brainpowered PCB.