Corsair XLPT unstable? suggestions?

I recently purchased some corsair twinx1024 xms3200 xlpt and all was running well at standard timings and clock speed for almost a fortnight until a few days ago when i started occasionally having bsod as windows was finishing loading.

The bsod was ' PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' which immediately made me question the memory. However, I had run prime and memtest for 8 hours each with no troubles after installation of this memory and as i hadnt changed any clock speeds, timings or voltages i was a little dubious on what it might be. So i started running prime again and it failed in 0 minutes. So i dropped the ram to 166 (ratio of 1:1 to my proc) and the same happened.

Next was indiviual testing of each stick, both produced an error within the first 5 minutes with prime and so i tried different slots and experienced the same problem. At this point i called it a night and left my computer off over night. Next day one stick works flawlessly and one still produces an error(memtest found 6 errors in 8 passes, prime lasts less than 4 mins). I cannot understand it. I've checked timings and speed for each test with cpu-z and am completely baffled to why one stick has started working fine again. (still experiencing the bsod every 4th-ish startup, with either stick)

I was hoping on a few suggestions that i could try before sending the sticks back, if they're not faulty i will incure further cost from overclockers.co.uk, being a student i have to scrimp and save to buy anything these days.

Currently testing my old ram now to see if anything comes up, cheers in advance

Tom

Thanks for the suggestions, i tried raising the voltages but it had no noticeable difference. The old ram i had runs fine at 200mhz 2-3-3-7 but was still blue screening, so i started looking at what was likely to still be loading as i only ever got the bsod as windows was finishing loading, i uninstalled asus smartdoctor (for my graphics card) and the bsod seem to have stopped so far, however i am still having this problem with one of the new sticks, it will run prime at 200@2-3-3-7 just like my old ram but no advance on those timings. Also tried bios 7/28 but no difference.

All other memory settings are set to auto or their default value, would it be an idea to alter any of the other memory settings? if so where would a good starting point be?

My powersupply is an enermax eg465ax-ve (460W if i remember correctly) its a couple of years old now.

Yeah thats right, looks like i'll have to take a trip to the post office.

Excuse my inexperience, but how likely is it that a stick can work fine for a couple of weeks and then just die without being overclocked or increase of voltage? i suppose it was just a bit flaky from the start and took little time for a fault to occur.