Sign in to follow this  
DFISucks

Update your BIOS

I just want to let people know that I was having some annoying issues with my board. My SATA DVD burner would not install properly or would disappear. My IDE DVD burner was also acting funny. If my CPU Thermal Throttling was disabled, I was unable boot my system. My temps were read too high. All of these issues were fixed by flashing the board with the 9/14 BIOS and not installing the Nvidia IDE driver. I am not sure what would happen if I installed the Nvidia IDE driver now but I don’t think I won’t to risk it. I just want people to know, if they have an older version of the BIOS, it may be wise to update.

I am new to DFI boards and am very impressed thus far with the board. They, however, have a really bad manual and website. I am also new to OCing and am waiting for my Thermalright XP90 before I kick the FSB (HTT) over 220.

Thank you all for your posts on this forum as they have helped me a lot.

CP

AMD 64 3000 – DFI LanParty UT 250gb

Geil 3200

Plextory SATA DVD

TDK IDE DVD

Maxtor IDE 160gb

MSI 9800 PRO

:nod:

I just want to let people know that I was having some annoying issues with my board. My SATA DVD burner would not install properly or would disappear. My IDE DVD burner was also acting funny. If my CPU Thermal Throttling was disabled, I was unable boot my system. My temps were read too high. All of these issues were fixed by flashing the board with the 9/14 BIOS and not installing the Nvidia IDE driver. I am not sure what would happen if I installed the Nvidia IDE driver now but I don’t think I won’t to risk it. I just want people to know, if they have an older version of the BIOS, it may be wise to update.
Good tip.
I am new to DFI boards and am very impressed thus far with the board.
Well, there is a real contradiction, when you consider your screen name!:nod:
They, however, have a really bad manual and website.
I think the manual that ships with the board is short and sweet. It is what you need to get up and running fast. There is a more detailed manual on the CD that comes w/ the mobo, and the website, well, it's a matter of opinion.

I agree that a BIOS update is a good idea. I don't have the Nvidia IDE drivers installed either. I may be taking a small performance hit, but have heard of many peeps having problems with the Nvidia drivers...better safe than sorry. As far as the manual goes, yes it is short...but I must admit I never read it until I heard of complaints about it. I am stubborn, and only read instructions or ask for directions when it is a last resort. :) And yes, the DFI website is a little slow and could use a facelift in my opinion...but I've seen worse. ;)

When you get ready to overclock, read this GUIDE along with the stickies on this forum. Good Luck with your new system.

DS

cpuz,

I was not aware that the cd manual was detailed. I looked at it and it's much better. thanks.

And my name, well, that was to get attention.

If you want attention and help ... adding a sig with your system specs would have been a better idea..

but I guess whatever floats your boat.. ;)

I had problem with Nvidia IDE driver after I installed the Benq DVD_RW drive. But, after I upgraded its firmware, I have been back using Nvidia IDE driver with no apparent problems at all. I never check if it did and by how much it improved the speed, probably not much since I did not really noticed it.

The site needs to be faster and more accessable ...

i.e no flash., the drop down menus go behind the flash banner.

Thanks for the update though, not sure which bios i had shipped with my board so going to check now.