Sign in to follow this  
sirfergy

CPU VID == Auto doesn't work?

I set CPU VID to Auto, and my voltage is currently 1.3v. I had manually set it to 1.3v, but now I want the default voltage back. I have rebooted, powered off, set the value ten times, but auto is always setting the core to 1.3v.

Any help?

Thanks

I read somewhere that when changing voltages, you have to save it at least two times for it to take. I would try to load default and save a few times, and then clear cmos after that.

Try to load optimized defaults and then saveexit bios..

Go back in and see if its better..

Why would you try to set it to 1.3v :confused: :confused:

Your cpu default voltage is 1.5v...

I set it to 1.3v since it runs perfectly stable at that voltage. The lower the voltage, the cooler it runs and my goal is a silent PC.

I just recently set it to auto because I picked up a 6600GT and my machine immediately locks up in 3D mode. It worked fine with my 9800 Pro but I'm just eliminating the CPU as a possible culprit.

Originally posted by sirfergy

I set it to 1.3v since it runs perfectly stable at that voltage. The lower the voltage, the cooler it runs and my goal is a silent PC.

I just recently set it to auto because I picked up a 6600GT and my machine immediately locks up in 3D mode. It worked fine with my 9800 Pro but I'm just eliminating the CPU as a possible culprit.

i could still see the voltage being a problem as your said.