Up and running

Finally up and runnin and DFI have done it again, loving the board so far, bios is massive compared to the Ultra B one I had before.

What happened to winbond harware anaylisis? Prefer it over the one on this board, but oh well :P

Had one minor problem so far which my comp rebooted when I turned on this morning but ill be investigated and I was stable through most tests, got 41 on PI. Still need to give the bios a good seeing through as when I install windows (windoors to some of you on here ;)) I always have fail safe on.

What ram should I get for this?

Im new to A64 overclocking but im gonna read the stickie at the top in a moment. From some forums I see people using dividers alot, well I remember back not long ago using a divider was pointless as it droped performance too much to justify the overclock obtained by doing so. So shall I get some OCZ Rev2, will that give me 1:1 or does a divider of 5/6 not hurt?

cpuz: I read some posts here that bandwidth does not matter that much for A64 since mem controller is built into the cpu. So, I thought if the divider keeps a reasonable ddr rate like 450 or even 500 it would be ok. Am I all wet?

Hi Mekrel..

Welcome to a64 land.. :)

I always have fail safe on

You would really wana load 'Optimized Defaults' instead of fail safe..

The reboot when you turned it on is prolly due to some setting making it not totally stable..

Dividers dont really hurt performance like it did with NF2's.. but most still like to run 1:1 to inflate sandra mem scores..lol

I use the 3200 rev2 tccd ram and you can see what it does in my sig .. most people that are doing good are using anything with tccd chips.. or OCZ VX ram... the vx ram is awsome but does need much voltage to get going and also a modded 3.3v rail on the psu to get that extra vdimm..

Since you already have the cpu and the rest of the system put together .. I would recommend you try to max the cpu out by putting your current ram on a divider.. Once you find that you will know where and how fast you are gona wana go with the ram.. and you can make a better decision on what to get.. imo..

Because on a64's you dont wana use any 12 multis..

GL

Its a newcastle mate,

Thanks ThunDa, its only for when I reformat I use fail safe, but I shall load the optimised, havent done so yet as all last night my comp was running offline virus scans/addware/and defrag that I made using command script and today I have been out doing stuff because I had a day off from college and also cleaned my room.

Thats the thing I hate about building new rigs, my room is a clut of new boxes, AS5 tubes, cable and thumb screws etc..

The OCZ rev2 does seem like some nice ram, and I get paid again in 3 weeks so Ill be able to clock good then.

Originally posted by THunDA

Yea Yea.. then you will want 31...then 30.. then 29..

I know im like that.. its never ending..hehe

Well I just want to beat my dutch friend who has a 3500 winchester and an asus A8V or is it the Av8, cant remember now and some corsair ram.

could be able to do it if his winchester an early one. apparently week 50 winnies are clocking well.

Originally posted by e268

cpuz: I read some posts here that bandwidth does not matter that much for A64 since mem controller is built into the cpu. So, I thought if the divider keeps a reasonable ddr rate like 450 or even 500 it would be ok. Am I all wet?

No I think that is pretty much agreed upon. I prefer 1:1.