lanparty nf3 250gb, cmos corrupt.

I put together my computer today using the lanparty nf3 250gb.

I loaded up windows. I installed the winflash utility of the disk. I downloaded oscars 10/15. I ran winflash and left everything as default. It reported it was successful and to restart. Instead i clicked "no" and shut down the computer. I unplugged power. removed battery, and cleared cmos for at least 60 seconds. Then switched jumper back, battery and cord back in. Now i get an error about cmos corrupt, and windows will not boot. Asks me if i want to go to safe mode, last known working setting, or boot regualer. All options just make the screen go black.

What did i do wrong? How do i fix it?

Thank you.

Where can I find "AWDFLASH.EXE"? It is in the manual but i can't find it on the cd or the website.

i think that happens when you pull the battery sometimes

i would not hit F1 to continue... i woud hit DEL to enter bios

LOAD OPTIMUM DEFUALTS and exit.. when that this about starting windows happens pick last know config

shoudl be no prob..

Originally posted by ][nSaNe

i think that happens when you pull the battery sometimes

i would not hit F1 to continue... i woud hit DEL to enter bios

LOAD OPTIMUM DEFUALTS and exit.. when that this about starting windows happens pick last know config

shoudl be no prob..

:-) seems to have fixed it. Thank you David Stewart and ][nSaNe.

There is one problem though. My cpu fan is stopping, it goes, then it stops, then it goes little more, and stops (as i pull out the power cord.) while in windows. umm. It is a brand new zalman 7700. This is interesting.

You may have had the unfortunate luck of getting a faulty fan. Could be a problem in the actual fan controller. Since it is new, you can just send it back and try a new one.

Also, you should be able to find awdflash on the internet somewhere....google it. ;)

DS

Originally posted by David Stewart

You may have had the unfortunate luck of getting a faulty fan. Could be a problem in the actual fan controller. Since it is new, you can just send it back and try a new one.

DS

I had it installed on my kev deluxe for about 4 fours and never did anything wierd. I left the computer on for little while, and the heatsink stayed cool. And no smoke or explosions and windows was up. I just installed ite hardware monitor off the cd. And the temperatures it reports are low:

CPU: 23f

PWM: 30f

system: 27f

You can't disable it, cpu fan off at <25 is as low as it goes. You can select fan fully on at >25, which would be great if you were running at 25 instead of 23. If you were only a few degrees warmer, you would have no issue. ;) I have never had your problem, since I run at 32 idle and 38 under a load. Maybe someone here with a colder running computer like yours has a solution.