cant POST over 200 FSB

I can't post over 200*11. Pathetic. I did almost as good w/ a xp2000pali on a a7v8x.

To start, though, I've upped vcore to 1.7 and it'll power off during PCMark04. Idle temps @ 1.7 are 45C which seems a bit high, but I'm just gettin intimate w/ this cpu. Ppl have posted 1.8 with the xpm2600, so I'm feelin a bit limited here.

So:

Why would it power off during high load...are these temps that high?

Any concerns with the 350W PSU?

What next?

Pls help in noob rhetoric or explain yourself so I can ask more direct questions in the future...

Swammi

Swammi,

Try gradually working your way up over 200 MHz in 5Mhz increments or so, from say...180Mhz

What cooling are you using on the CPU? Providing you can cool it adequately, whack 1.9v onto the cpu and work from there with plenty of volts.

I would also try giving 3v to yor ram at 2.5-3-3-11 or similar timings. I don`t think your RAM has any need to be set as loosely as you have them....

Yours....Stomly

6/19 is a good bios you probably will be able to hit 250MHz with it, which revision is your memory? The v1.2 is CH-5 and at 3.3V 2.5-4-4-10 I can hit 250 with it.

45 is not especially hot at 1.7V, it shouldn't be shutting off anyway. What are you using for temp monitoring, MBM? I have had my socket temp as high as 60 under full load and my system has never shut off on its own.

I'm assuming the Antec SL350 is your PSU? Here:

http://www.antec.com/specs/sl350_spe.html

it shows your +12V rail has a max output of 16A. This is a little low, especially considering that your CPU is powered from the 12V rail. I noticed in your sig you are ok at 200x10.5 1.45V. 1.7V is a little extreme just to get over 200x11, maybe try something tame like 210x11 at 1.55V. If turning down the volts improves stability I would definitely look at the PSU.

If you're using MBM check out your voltages, or better yet get a multimeter and check them directly. Watch out for a flickering last digit on the meter (unstable voltage rail). While I have had no problems with my Antec True380 up to 250x10 1.85V, it's quite old (2 years) and I have been hearing more often that Antec's newer power supplies have been having stability problems. Deception outlines his concerns here:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=355145

though he is mostly talking about NF4 boards.

i had this same problem. my mobile 2600+ would not clock in at even the default speed of 2ghz (200x10) @ as high as 1.9v. it would not stay stable and would constantly reboot while running prime. i could not seem to find out wat was going on. but finally i found out that i had to turn off Command Per Clock (CPC) on the memory options to get it to stay stable. now it is priming 2.5ghz (200x12.5) @ 1.8v without a problem. what confuses me is that i could use CPC enabled with my mobile 2400+ in the board... try disabling it and see if it will stop rebooting.

knitoe