Sign in to follow this  
zoliphant

Problems crashing to desktop when running games...

Oh Yeah, Baby! :)

That's a nice one for sure! It is a rather large ps, but should fit in your case. OCZ is quality stuff, with a 5 year warranty to boot. I think it also has adjustable rails. It would be a very good choice. I'm thinking of getting one of those babies myself.

DS

Any suggestions on other power supply manufacturers? I do not needed a modded out power supply just something good and solid to handle the load I am putting on it.

What do you guys think of this power supply? I take it the rails are solid enough to take the load I will be putting on it.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-103-456&depa=0

I don't really plan on doing much overclocking so I don't think I need adjustable rails, what are your thoughts?

Thanks again for your help.

Z

Guest Savage

The Fortron 530W is a highly recommended PSU on this forum and others. Don't let the 18A rating on the 12V+ rail fool you. They underate their specs as most other companies often overrate theirs. They are very heavy and have a "feeling" of quality to them. A lot of bang for the buck...Only $78 plus shipping.

Fortron 530W Power Supply, Model "FSP530-60GNA"

The enermax that you referenced is a good brand psu plus it has 33a on the 12v rail.

Just one word though. With computer equipment, I like to "buy up" meaning to purchase as much as I can afford instead of trying to cut corners. You want a psu that will carry you into the future, not just help you out w/ current demands.

I mean, look at my sig, I've got the 600w ocz. Overkill for this mobo? Probably. But not for the DFI-SLI version I may replace with. See how that works?

Originally posted by cpuz

The enermax that you referenced is a good brand psu plus it has 33a on the 12v rail.

Just one word though. With computer equipment, I like to "buy up" meaning to purchase as much as I can afford instead of trying to cut corners. You want a psu that will carry you into the future, not just help you out w/ current demands.

I mean, look at my sig, I've got the 600w ocz. Overkill for this mobo? Probably. But not for the DFI-SLI version I may replace with. See how that works?

I have both an Enermax EG465P and an OCZ 520 adjustable. The Enermax is the

one I am using if that tells you anything lol.

Viper

Guys,

I got my powersupply in the mail today from Newegg. I went with the Enermax EG465P. One question I had was what do I set the voltage selector to? Do I leave it at the 115 or do I switch it to the 230? Sorry I am a newbie so I figured I would ask you guys who know this stuff way more than I do.

Cheers,

Z

Guys,

I got my powersupply in the mail today from Newegg. I went with the Enermax EG465P. One question I had was what do I set the voltage selector to? Do I leave it at the 115 or do I switch it to the 230? Sorry I am a newbie so I figured I would ask you guys who know this stuff way more than I do.

Cheers,

Z

115 volts if you are in North America. Some places in Europe are 230.

Viper

Well, that sucks. :(

At least now you have a good reliable power supply that you won't have to worry about. Now for your problem. How long does it take before you crash? Does it just go to desktop, or do you get an error message? Have you checked the event log for details? Do you have any antivirus running in the background?

DS