SATA Drive

Alright added 120gb Sata hard drive today, no drivers came with hard drive and couldn't find any on Western Digitals webiste. Windows setup recognized it and installed windows on it fine. Everythine checks out so far I think. Under device manager it is there with no errors, but it is listing on my safely remove hardware list with my thumb drive and ipod. Didn't know if that was a bad thing meaning windows is reading it wrong. Still windows is doing fine and seems to be fast the IDE drive. If anyone knows of some drivers I need to find and download or if I am fine the way I am that would be appreciated.

Syd

Not sure why yours is listed on the "Safely Remove Hardware" list. I have an 160gb WD drive, but it is not listed on the "Safely Remove Hardware" list. I also used the Windows drivers. If everything is working fine, I wouldn't worry too much about it though.

DS

Yeah I guess its not that big of a deal just didn't know why it was under there. Figured windows my have saw it as the wrong thing. But it is booting windows up off of it and I am having no other problems I guess I will just leave it alone.

Syd

Yeah not to sure about the whole hot swapable comment kind of out of no where. Can't hot swap OS drive, but yes SATA are hot swapable other wise. So not to sure on the showing up in the safely remove hardware part but it dosen't seem to be doing anything bad. Guess I will do as they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Syd

lol no not that brave should system would crash. I was looking at the board it has four SATA drives. Two say external and two are internal I tried putting it on both and it still has it listed under remove hardware. So I guess I am just going to leave it alone.

Syd

I have1 raptor and a Seagate barracuda (both SATA) with the same thing, no matter wich port plug the disk in the mobo or make a clean install of Windows, but don't see low performance, everything is fine. :)