Sign in to follow this  
Flghtmstr1

OCZ VZ Finally Recieved-Questions about OC

Dunno about 8x255, ill have to try it i suppose, you reckon it's my ondie controller?

maybe, or maybe your CPU is maxed out...

I got some input from (OZC) on the timing for running VX and combined the input with Rabbi's timings.

what did OCZ recommend dude?

Cheers THunDA

I would recommend these timings Grov:

200 1:1

Enable

Auto

Auto

Auto

Auto

Auto

Increase

The BLUE ones are the settings I have changed from previous post.

Hey Rabbi, can i ask for your help again please mate.

I now have a Amazing clocking Mobile 3400+, and i need to push my ram futher, as it's holding me back, heheheh.

I know the ram can do 255. Here's my problem at the moment. I flashed to to 5/04 BIOS, it wouldn't post. I took a stick of ram and it was ok, might of just been luck.

Went into BIOS, loaded optimized, then went back in and iam using all of your timmings you give me here.

Iam currently at 11x255, and with stock timmings and 2-2-2-10 with 1.65Vcore, 1.7Chipset, and 3.6Vdimm was stable for 32m Super PI and 3dmark 01.

With your timmings an d the same settings above, it wouldsn't post when i put the memory in slot 3. Should i try power down, and try the memory in slot 3?

This chip will be good for 3Ghz iam told, so i need to increase my 255 if i can. Thanks.

EDIT:

I tryed 9x255 with 3.6Vdimm, 1.8 Chipset, an it failed memtest pretty quick with your timmings mate, and it woulsn't boot into windows, said Decteced Nvidia array or somet, which always happens with wrong timmings.

I moved TRC to 15 and TRFC to 17 and it booted fine.

Should i memtest now? Just trial and error with all the timmings?

I'm kinda in the same boat. I think my mem controller has gone as far as it will go. The VX passes memtest 5,7 and 8 at 250Mhz but as soon as I try to boot in windows I get the BSOD right away.

Grov,

Trfc is memory controller related I think... my CPU/VX combo on current BIOS is stable at 259MHz 2-2-2-8-7-15 3.3vDimm... but once I start getting past 260 HTT I need more vDimm AND looser Trfc.

Trfc = 16 helps for a little while but pretty soon I need Trfc=17.

Trfc=17 is 3D stable up to 271 MHz and SuperPI 32MB stable up to 270... vDimm fluctuates between 3.50v-3.60v for these runs.

Trfc = 17 really doesn't kill performance very much at all, and I've found by loosening Trfc I can still keep everything else very tight while raising MHz.

I would suggest trying my exact timings from signiture to begin with (they are in the same order as the BIOS), the only thing you need to change is Trfc from 15 -> 17

[EDIT]

Unless you are using temps close to 0c don't get your hopes up about reaching 3 GHz bro... My max STABLE at 1.65v is only about 50 MHz short of where my chip is STABLE at 1.75v. I would say you will be lucky to get 2850 MHz Prime STABLE

Well Rabbi change of plan, getting pissed off with ram dividers not working and stuff, iam gonna get some TCCD.

As for the chip, i bought it 2nd hand of a guy of XS, it's had 3 owners including me. One of em had 11x260 on air with only 1.7V and the other had 2915Mhz on a XP120.

With my water i can keep the temps down, and i reckon i can take 3Ghz, or at 2.9. :)