In the beginning, DFI created SLI...

From OPP:

As far as the chipset heatsink It may have a problem because I'm useing my cascade on the CPU.

When I tighten down the evap it bows the mobo a tad, this may be bending it enough to make the gpu card touch the chipset.

Someone on a air setup will have to try it.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ironclad

Speaking of the DFI NF4 SLI DR, which online stores aside from Newegg are authorized DFI resellers and will be carrying all of the DFI Nf4 boards including the DFI NF4 SLI DR once they are available?

try http://www.us.ncix.com/

look under motherboard, they are there for pre-order.

Thanks for the reply BB_One, it is appreciated, but I was wondering if there is an official DFI Resellers List because the "where to buy" link on the DFI website is not working. So far the link you provided in your reply is the only reseller, online or otherwise that I have seen where any of the DFI NF4 boards can be pre-ordered, but I would think that there must be more than only one. AG or Rgone would you know of or have a link to a working authorized resellers list of online resellers for DFI in the US?

Oppainter posted, he used Vdimm derived from the 5v line, and run his VX on 3.65 Vdimm without much problems, even without specially cooling the upper right corner of the mobo, w00t

Although, if he's using a cascade, that might "chill" the pcb of his motherboard a bit as well.

Originally posted by mrlobber

Oppainter posted, he used Vdimm derived from the 5v line, and run his VX on 3.65 Vdimm without much problems, even without specially cooling the upper right corner of the mobo, w00t

Although, if he's using a cascade, that might "chill" the pcb of his motherboard a bit as well.

Impressive yes, but, I would worry about running my RAM at 3.65v.

Originally posted by BB_One

The Chipset fan is to High for ATI cards

Yes, If you plan on getting the DFI 939 board and you have an ATI card be prepared to Change the Chipset heatsink.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpo...1&postcount=189

Arrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................

Awh you must be talking the post from OPPAINTER. It sounds like the MB he got may

have been slightly pre-production with a different chipset cooler or maybe the cooler

was not installed properly.

If an ATI card would hit so would an NV card as they are even longer lol.

Viper

Originally posted by Frallan

Ok Im now officially in contact with my store to get one of these babies. But I still have to decide on what RAM to get...

Will you be testing compatibility with diffrent RAM sticks?

Bigtoe had been doing a lot of stick testing and so far TCCD has been the ram of choice.

VX was second (and with A LOT higher Vdimm) and BH5 was third. That could change

with future bios updates

www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50421

Viper

A_G & Rgone :now that you have one of the NF4 boards in your possession, which way does the active chipset fan spin? does it suck from the bottom and blow up and out ... or .... does it suck from teh top and blow down and out?

Originally posted by ViperJohn

Bigtoe had been doing a lot of stick testing and so far TCCD has been the ram of choice.

VX was second (and with A LOT higher Vdimm) and BH5 was third. That could change

with future bios updates

www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=50421

Viper

Wheres the love homes? How come you don't write me any more??:P :shake:

I can't wait to get my hands on this mobo, you gonna get one too VP?