[Resolved] Problems with Nvidia sound.

Hi, my second board and I'm still having problems albeit not the same problems and only a few this time. When I recieved my new board from DFI (RMA) I was very careful to install all drivers exactly as told until Device Manager was clean and no conflicts. I did not install my Audigy 2 zs sound card because it gave me problems last board so I decided to run onboard sound which I enabled in bios , then pluged my 4.1 speaker system into the rear panel front out L/R (green) and the rear out L/R (black). All I ever recieved for sound was out of the rear speakers and not very audible. I tried every combination of connectors, drivers, and controls to no avail.

So I installed my audigy 2 zs card and drivers and the sound works great, the only problem I have now is the same as I was having on my first board, when WinXp startsup to the desktop with audigy 2 installed, Smart Guardian will not display on desktop, all I get is an error message which says: Run-time Error '48' File not found: itevio.dll.. Also my Norton Internet Securty does not startup like it should, I get errors also. Any help with this would be appreciated.

I think when you connect something (speaker or headphone) to the front, it disables everything at the back (or very low volume if it leaks through). Give it a try to attach speakers to the back only and see what happens. Also, Sometimes, when I added hardware, it disabled Smartguardian and I have to reinstall it. I would try to reinstall SG and and Norton (uninstall it first before reinstall).

when he said front out I think he meant the front speaker L/R connector on the rear of the board. I would reinstall the software too and maybe try moving the card to a different pci slot are the jumpers on the j2 connector 5+6,9+10 on the motherboard? if you are using the case audio connector then what e268 said applies.

• 2 weeks later...

xtreme this thread is labeled as resolved meaning you fixed the itevio.dll run time error on bootup.

what exactly did you do? i read through the thread and can't figure it out. i have onboard sound disabled in bios and have an audigy 2 zs platinum installed.

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling smartguardian and that didn't help. i am running the 10/15 bios with 4.0 dimm support and memtest.