LANPARTY UT NF3-250 - Colorful Garbage

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, i got this about two or three times with my 9800pro and all i had to do is shut down the computer and power it back. i also noticed that it only happens if it is the first start after i unplug the cord or turn the psu off. basically if the "standby power led" (check your manual) go off, then, next time, it'll crash at start.

hope it helped

ignacio

ps: english is not my native language so if you don't understand what i'm trying to say, don't doubt to pm me. :)

my problem also exist with 8/27 bio which is official, i try more agp voltage not working. i have ATI brand 9800pro. was working great at a7n8x board. restart or reboot won't fix the problem, it's there regardless of what driver i use. today I installed a 6800GT from my friend, works great no issues. so must be 9800pro not working with this particular board.

Originally posted by RGone

you are using a bios that was once beta but is now NO LONGER even considered beta by DFI and removed from the download site.

RGone...

RGone, What is the latest DFI approved bios for the NF3 Lanparty and are there any new ones coming out soon?

Guest someDude

Wanted to add that flashing the video bios made no difference as far as the garbled screen goes. After the flash, ran driver cleaner prior to installing new video drivers (Omega this time) and still get the bad screen on the first cold boot.

Not a deal killer for me by any means, just have to hit the power on button two times for that computer. After that it's superb.

Out of 3, BBA 9800 pro 256's, I had one that did not do this.

Sorry if i've overlooked it, but i did anybody wrote "AGP 4x" ?

I do have the same random colorful blocks or lines issue w/ my Powercolor 9800 Pro. Same effect on two different nf2 boards.

Setting the AGP mode from 8x to 4x solved it. Read it in some other forum, but can't remember where.

just my 2 cents

dexus

i'm getting pretty tired of this too. been having this problem for about 3 weeks now with 9800NP.

rebooting still brings that colours. till i set everything to defaults in the bios.

then i can OC agan but after a few cold starts its there again.

is this a bios issues or VC issue?

I had this problem, there is a thread about it.

It was fixed when i RMA my DFI board and got a new one.

(then the new DFI got broken and i got 3rd DFI which had the same issue, then i got fed up and sold the R9800)

Seems like this problem is only with some R9800 GPU and some DFI boards.