Ready to start Ocing....is it really that dangerous with this board?

Guest shaolin95_merged

Guest shaolin95

Hi!

I used to OC my 7DXR and never had a problem that clearing CMOS didnt resolve but then of course, the DXR had dual bios which is something ALL mobos should have. Anyway, is it really that dangerous to OC this NF3 250GB mobo? Ive heard that you need a back up bios chiop or something like but is that really a MUST or is people just too cautious? I want OC but dont want to kill my mobo. I wont be going for any records either just want to get some extra juice.

Regards

I haven't had any bios issues with this board thus far (knock on wood). I think the bios corruption problem was more prevalent on the DFI NF2 boards, so people assumed it would be the same with the NF3 board. I don't really know if people have had problems or not.

Guest shaolin95

I am just worried about not been able to boot again since I dont have dual bios like my 7dxr used to.

How do you recommend that I start Ocing?

Guest shaolin95

I did that and heard that "have another bios chip" recommendation so many times that it scared me. One important thing...I am using stock cooling so should I even try or should I forget about OCing untill I can buy some better heatsink?

Regards

Never had a spare chip.. nd never needed one.. not even with my Hofinity..

Homework.. and then OC the crap out of everything.. Ditch the stock cooler if/ when temps rise over 60 celsius..

Or when YOu maybe want a little more?

Guest shaolin95

OK I have my CPU at 12x210 for 2520 just a 120MHZ OC. Since I am using stock heatsink...should I try for the 2600 or will that be too risky for stock cooling? I didnt see any temp difference between the stock 2400 and this new 2520..if there is a difference it cant be more than 1 C cause the idle is still between 39-43

Regards

Well.. actually i found out that the 05 is waay moore demanding on my rig..

Yeah loop05 for a hour.. if it passes its fine with me.. i couldnt care less torturing with prime95 for 8 hours..

If its stable 1 hour 05 and 6 hours of gaming then its ok for me..

dont know why i can loop the 01 forever but if i want to pass 05 then ill have to take down my fsb from 311 to 308..??

maybe its only my rig..