Lost USB/LAN on hig FSB :(

When I reach 240 FSB I lose USB and LAN..I've even reached 250 FSB with one stick primed for 15 mins but USB/LAN still fails! :(

I dont know if its my BIOS or if its ram bcuz I reach 250 with another stick and I didnt loose USB... but I reach 235 with another and lose USB...:confused:

I have 3 stick of BH5 all 256MB,AXP-M,9800,Using Tic Tac 2-15,3 HDs.

I heard Evilous fixed this USB problem with 1-21 romsip but I cant find that file anywhere and no one would email it to me...

Any ideas?

Originally posted by Negative Design

Thanks Thunda! thread looks promising.

Im using 2-15 becuase everyone told me it was good,I tried 11-27 official but that was before I got my BH5.

For the Lan fix do I need Hellfire installed?

I would suggest the 6-19 bios.. but everyone has their own opinions on bios.. Ive tried them all and too ME it didnt seem that there was one that let me clock more then the other.. so I stuck with 6-19 since it seems very stable to ME..

BTW.. you dont need to have a specific bios to try that fix.. just read the WHOLE thread so you know what your doing.. all the needed info to do it IS in there..

GL

edit..

Also another thing that could cause lansoundusb drops .. Is if your southbridge chip isnt cooled good..

Are you using the stock sink on it ? Is your case cooling good ?

my case is open,I placed some fans other NB and SB and ran some tests and it still failed :(

but on the other hand without the fans both NB and SB reach 52 degrees! I tested with a Xaser temp probe it may be a few degrees off but still very high.

Does 6-19 have 1-21 Romsip? I would much prefer using a modded BIOS then official though.

Does 6-19 have 1-21 Romsip? I would much prefer using a modded BIOS then official though.

I believe hellfire has a modded one like that.. there is a modded bios section in the forum you should be able to find it there..

be sure to have a savior or a spare flashed backup chip tho.. its nice to have a 'safety blanket' if needed :)

I'd like to report that the Lan fix works! I havent lost anything for hours and hour of testing left it overnight etc etc.

I also gained some Ocs! :D I dont know if I gained it from the fix or from burn in though.

Thanks again for link :)

sweet.. :)

Happy it helped...