RAM issues...Anyone?

Hello, I'm not sure if you saw my last post regarding BIOS settings but I am still having some trouble regarding my ram.

This was the origonal reason for wanting to get the BIOS settings because I figured maybe I have something set wrong.

Anyway first I will state I am not trying to overlock as of yet. I recently got some new ram "Corsair™ 1Gb PC/3200 Xtreme Low Latency Pro Series (2 x 512Mb) [TWINX1024-3200XLPRO]" Which has factory latencys of 2-2-2-5.

My problem is this:

The ram seemed to detect normally when I first installed it. I ran CPU-Z and checked the latencys in Windows. All fine. Than after about a day (with a few reboots) I checked CPU-Z again. This time the latencys were wrong. Something like 2-3-2-5. So I went into my BIOS and tried manually setting the latency and my computer will just freeze before windows starts loading. I'm pretty sure its something in the BIOS as if I go into windows with out manually setting the timeing I can use the NV Tweaking utility and set the latency to 2-2-2-5 and Windows runs fine. In high intense games such as Half-Life 2.

If anyone has this same ram (prefurred) or has any suggestions as to what I can do please let me know.

try ram at auto settings see what it sais

you need more imfo in sig bios volts ect.

mine went up to 234 /2-2-2-7 about225 at 2-2-2-5 i havnt tried higher than my sig but when i changed to 2.5 -3-3-7 the ram and board seemed to really like it here.

another thing i did was set my v dimm to 2.90 it didnt really like it at first but i ran it at about 217 2-2-2-5 for a month and worked my way to what my sig is at now.

i would say it is the ram not the bios

try 1 at a time

try diff slots ect

ive only been learning for about a year myself i will help more if i can

lots of good imfo here in old threads

Nope it is pretty well something in the memory and one reason I do not care much for Corsair. They have the SPD for the memory programmed to that 3 you keep getting. You can probably get it to hold at the 2 but you are going to have to quit auto'ing stuff and put some volts on that memory like the user above mentioned to get the 2 not 3 to be stable and stay stuck.

RGone...

In reply:

Which BIOS? I'm use the latest DFI release.

As far as settings while in "Expert" mode I've tried putting any options to Auto or at values which seem higher (more stable less speed) but still cant boot.

As for voltage, all my voltages are running at auto and say they are aproximitly where they should be.

Like I said at this point in time I'm not interested in overclocking. All I want is my RAM to work as advertised. I know RAM itself isnt a "DFI" problem, but there must be some "proper" settings I can manually use in the BIOS.

Thanks all for your input, if you have anymore please let me know :)

Guest Joalaielna

In order to get mine stable i had to up the vdimm volts to 2.8 with my 2500+ and too 3.2 for my 3000+ it's weird but with your ram it should be safe to go that high. but start out at 1.7 and go up. just a thought. Peace.