[Resolved] 875B PRO Lan problem

have had this mobo about maybe 4 months now, worked fine till yesterday.

i brought home a pc for my dad to reformat it and update windows and stuff so all i did was unplug my pc and hooked that one up using the wires and such.

when i was done and hooked my pc back up and turned it on i got install new hardware wizard new ethernet card found, i have the mobo disk and pointed the install to the drivers but it will not take any thing. i looked on DFI site and didn't find any support on it. the drivers are the same as on the CD.

like i said, it has been working fine for months now, nothing was changed in the bios, i even reset them still wont install, i also reformatted and still nothing.

when i use to stick the cd in and clicked network drivers, lan drivers use to pop up and i could install them from there, but now for some reason they do not show up anymore.

i stuck a PCI nic card in the mobo and it works fine, it seems my internet is alot faster now with the pci card.

any suggestions on how to get the onboard nic working again?

disable the onboard NIC in the bios, reboot, and uninstall any Intel network drivers. (safe mode works for this too)

then reboot, and make sure WIndows does't see any network device.

reboot into bios, enable onboard NIC and try to load drivers from teh cd-rom.