Lanparty UT 250GB Internet Problems

Hello, I am experencing constant ping timeouts on websites and a program called mIRC (interet relay chat). Everything is fine until I start browsing the web and my internet seems to reset.

I can be in games when this is happening and it doesnt seem to affect my game connection to servers, just websites and irc.

This has happened at two different houses with two different ISPs so that isn't the issue.

Any suggestions on what is happening would be greatly appreciated.

I am using the latest version of Mozilla Firefox.

Set you MAC addy in BiOS?

Got the nVidia Networking Control Panel installed from the latest Forceware pack?

It's weird, but i'm wondering if this could be an XP Service Pack 2 issue. With it's release the TCPIP.SYS was modified to allow only 10 half-open connections.

I patched mine to 50 half-open connections and don't see this problem, although i can't remember if i ever got PiNG timeouts using the nf3 LAN controller .. hrm

I have the same problems going on. It is getting so badm wherem I have to hit the refresh butrton all of the time, and MSN and AIM both reconnect a lot. I never had this problem with other nforce based nics. I am waiting for my wifi gear to get here.

I also notice system idle is always at 99%

Scotty, I seemed to have fixed the problem by uninstalling the nVidia network manager and the firewall.

I also uninstalled/reinstalled the nForce drivers, dunno if that did the trick but I believe it was definitely the network manager.