Html Editor

cryos420

hi ive decided to make a website but i dont know which is a good html editor, and i dont know enough code to do with out one. keep in mind this is my first attempt a making one so i dont know a whole hell of alot. any help will be appreciated thaxs

Well im the right one to talk to. Im the HTML GOD! Im a student aid in a class that teaches html. Its not that hard of a lanuage to learn. Its the easist in fact. But if you do want an editor, I live by Macromedia Dreamweaver its the best money can buy (but i didnt buy it :rolleyes:) send me a pm if you cant afford the $100 for the educational use version :)

sorry for the double post didnt know there was a programers corner i already posted it general i though i would get a better responce if i put it here sorry again

well i like dreamweaver because you dont have to manually edit anything, however if you feel like going back to hard coding (makes you appreciate WYSIWYG) go get HTML-Kit. its totally free, has add-ons for every single language, and has a lot of really good features built in like html-tidy, which cleans up your code and can validate for XHTML and more.

Check it out here

I use dreamweaver, notepad, and ultraedit for normal html, PHP, and ASP work... when I'm doing ASPx or C#, I use Visual Studio.NET

Out of all of them, I like dreamweaver the best, followed by UltraEdit.

I've also used Sausage Software's HotDog Pro HTML editor in the past, it was nice and had several cool plugins, but nothing compaired to Dreamweaver.

Macromedia also has HomeSite which is a strict HTML text based editor... never used it, but looks interesting.