Setting up computer tomorrow... anything I should do?

I'll be setting up my new(ish) computer tomorrow, anything that I should do that differs from normal?

I was planning on throwing it all in teh case and installing windows!

I have never flashed a bios before, but is this needed/reccommended? If so, which bios version (Link?) and are there any tutorials/quick reads as to how to do it?

System Specs:

DFI NFII Ultra Infinity

2800+ Barton @ Stock, for now

Thermalright SP-97 & AS5

2x 512 Crucial PC4000

Geforce FX 5700 Ultra

WD360GD, WD2500JD

Thermaltake 560w PSU

Antec 1080 Case

What sequence shoudl I install the hardware drivers in after I get windows installed? I have read that it really dosent matter, but some people perfer it to go a certain way. What sequence do you guys suggest for this board?

Originally posted by RGone

Technically speaking that sounds rather brusque and foolish but then you must know.

RGone...

Should I flash my bios? Before or after installing windows, and exactly how would I do this?

Is usually reserved for problem solving, or for better performance, neither situation is facing you at the present time.

My advice would to be set up the board, get your OS installed, test, monitor, and get a feel for the board before you try doing anything more. That being said, a little study and "homework" about these boards is in order! They can be finiky at times and preparation, and knowledge can be indispensible.

Read the stickies, use the search bar here in the forum, and remember that google is your friend.....The DFI NF2 boards have been out for well over a year and there is plenty of information about how they run out there....just gotta dig a little.

Get your ducks in order, then proceede!

Best of luck with your build!:D

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section, paying close attention to the second post in teh 'critical' thread (about system specs in your sig).

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post.

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version. The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.