Sign in to follow this  
cyberfossil

[RESOLVED] BY RMA OF BOARD>> raid problem

what I did was when windows detected that a raid array was there and it looked for drivers I put in the CD that came with the board and they installed themselves.There might be another way to do it but that is what I did.The problem I have now is not unlike what another user has mentioned in another post.When starting up the array is not always recognized and I have to reset,sometimes 2 or 3 times. BTW I did not see your other post until now when I sent the OS to the array it showed up as an array and not as 2 seperate drives

have you tried the new psu yet?

so many problems stem from the the fact that a lot of users with issues just dont have enough power supply...they buy things that say 350w, 400w, 500w, 550w, etc, and they just aren't good enough.

a very high quality 300w Enermax EG301-VP will outperform any generic or no-name (and even some sorta-famous names) 500w psu's.

why is this? because the parts and components in the Enermax are superior...it weighs 2x or more than the generic, and it has rock solid rails.

this doesn't mean go looking for a 300w Enermax model. It means get something that is worthy...for $41 you can get a very decent Thermaltake 420w PurePower...it will easily power up the NF3 board with RAID, X800 Pro, cd-rw, Danger Den watercooling, audigy2, some fans etc...and still overclock about 400Mhz+

a Fortron 530w @ about $75-$80 is a better choice.

The OCZ 520w is probably one of the best psu's you can get.

but for the money, the Fortron 530w is the best bang for the buck. period.

I just today put in the Thermaltake 420w PurePower but the results are the same . I guess I will have to RMA the board before my RMA date runs out. is there any way to install the raid drivers in the windows installation in the non raid ide drive? I mean after windows is installed as it will not install during installation. then I can try to get it over to the raid drives some how?

i have to chime in on this issue since i have something similar.

when i get to the screen that says "Starting Windows" when booting to the XP cd. i dont get any error, my bloody machine just shuts off.

since i am only using 2 sata raptors, actually i have over a terabyte of drives, but i shouldnt have to bloody use another drive. i should be able to load up and set the drives as raid and load XP not go thru all this.

my ASUS KN8-E took the raid and also my chaintech VNF3-250 worked fine with raid.

if this is the way DFI operates then wow!!! how did this board ever get the high marks it has.

anyways,, 2 single raptors arent much slower than if they were raid so i suppose i could load it up as single drives then ghost the partition then raid them and ghost it.......

but thats alot more work and thats impossible for many people to do....

is this only with the nvidia sata or does the marvell sata do this too ???

didn't work on either for me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you have SP1 or Sp2 installed/slipstreamed so that windoze can recognize the array as it will be larger than 137GB and supposedly stock xp without either will not work with drives showing higher than that in raid 0 from what I heard.

:confused:

glad to report I got my replacement board the other day and I am now up and booting off my raid0 array:) boy is this fat! got to start overclocking now:nod: thanks for all the help.