[RESOLVED]FLASH BETA BIOS FOR 200 BUSS CPU>> WTF? DFI LanParty U

I'll just jump right in: I have tried over and over to get this thing to boot up correctly (or at all)! I am running 2x512MB PC3200 Kingston Memory, w/Athlon XP 3200+ Retail !! When I shut it down, sometimes when I restart, it doesn't!! The 4 DFI lights of death stay on, my hard drive light is full bright, the DVD-RW drive and CD-RW drives, both check themselves like they should, but that's it!! The very first time this happened, I accidently unplugged the monitor, and reset it, and walah!! it worked!! Then it will go for an undefined amount of time (it decides) when to do it again, basically anytime I install anything major, driver's, or program's, but not everytime!! I have switched out everything into an MSI K7N2 Delta mobo, and everything works fine!! it all even overclocks just fine in that mobo!!! I have flashed the BIOS several times!!

After I get it to finally restart,( after moving, switching, and unplugging any and every combination I can) I get a "CMOS checksum error-defaults loaded"

right after it recognizes all of the drives!!

I just got this all from newegg, so I am wondering what to do, if I need to RMA something (motherboard or memory, is what i'm thinking) or not!! Any advice or ideas anyone has, would be greatly appreciated!!

Also: I have never posted anything before, the only reason I am doing this is because I haven't seen ANYTHING on this situation with this board, If there is please slap me, I have spent several hours looking!! All I have ever seen is BIOS problems, but again, not related to mine, assuming that if I flashed the BIOS successfuly then it is fine??

System:

DFI Lan Party NForce2 Ultra B

Athlon XP 3200+/2.2G 400FSB

2x512MB Kingston Value Ram part# KVR400X64C3AK2/1G

eVGA GeForce 6800GT

NEC DVD-RW drive

CD-RW drive

Thermaltake W-0019 PSU

Vantec Aeroflow CPU cooler

2x Vantec Tornado's (85.0CFM)

3x stock fans

Nexus Fan Controller (4 ports)

sony floppy drive<---in case you were wondering!! lol

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

DFI ""beta bios"" for 200 default buss cpus... DFI bios downloads under menu is 'beta' bios section...

IMPORTANT NOTICE :

The BIOS and Drivers in this section are still under evaluation. Please be advised that warranty will be voided for any damages caused by these BIOS/Drivers on your system and DFI is not liable for such damages. If you are looking for the latest released BIOS/Drivers, please visit our DOWNLOAD site to obtain the latest BIOS/Drivers.

BIOS Details

PCB Revision A

Date Code 2004/11/24

File LPNF2UBDB24.zip

Size 319,556 bytes

Description 1. To also support FSB200 CPU with CPU clock at 100MHz.

2. This version of BIOS also includes the modification in previous versions.

Remarks:

1. Please input instrution as:

AWDFLASH N24LDB24.BIN /QI/Sn/Py/CC

if you flash BIOS from version dated 2003/11/27 or older.

2. USB S3 Resume Feature might not alway work in this version of BIOS.

PCB Revision A

Date Code 2004/11/24

File N24LDB24.exe

Size 857,917 bytes

Description Diamond Flash Image for BIOS dated 2004/11/24.

Please Click Here if you are not familiar with the procedure of Diamond Flash Image!!

Major Reasons of Change:

1. To also support FSB200 CPU with CPU clock at 100MHz.

2. This version of BIOS also includes the modification in previous versions.

Remarks:

USB S3 Resume Feature might not alway work in this version of BIOS.

RGone...

yes, I did that!! It is at 200/200 so I am just gonna see what happen's now! I was also wondering if I got the right memory for this mobo, if I go to www.kingston.com and search by mobo, it give me a different part# to use for 400spd memory!!?? I dunno if that is the prob, or not but thought that might help somewhat!! Thanks again!!

also, these are the coolest mobo's I've seen out here, I am an MSI nut, and I wanted to try something different, went with this one because all of the good reviews, if I solve this problem I'm sure I will have a new favorite board, this mobo really seems like an MSI mobo on steroids, so hopefully this works!! Thanks for the fast replies and help!! Happy New Year's to everyone!!

I was wandering around and had about 5 IE boxes open and was going to post how goo it was doing, and it just restarted on me.....BOOM!! So i checked in BIOS to see if I had something set wrong, and everything seemed fine!!??? I dunno, maybe this ram isn't very good, does this mobo not like 512 sticks or what?? I don't see alot of people with over 512MB's of ram, should I go with just 2x256 or what?? I really wanted a full Gig of ram??? Anyone?