hard drives & raid - benchmark and compare!

Angry_Games

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no problemo - Now if it were me -

Once it had windows in the spare HDD - I'd be doing some testing with different sizes of stripes and clusters. ExRoadie has made a number of posts about 4:1 ratios. so maybe due some fast benches at 16/4, 32/8, 64/16 or like the heretic I am a 64/8 with 2x74G. Try and test it a bunch of ways with the different configurations and then make a decision as to what you like/test best. Just load windows, add the RAID driver, set up stripe size, partiton, label and selectg cluster size through control panel/administrative options/computer management/storage and maybe save a few screenshots during the testing.

Good luck. We are waiting. Go for it.

silly me, the flying fingers caused a typo. But I fixed it and even gave you credit for the spot. (see reason).

I will award a special "bonus prize" if he can do a 16/6 though :)

Hi Guys iam looking to set up a raid config and not sure what to do.I have a Samsung spin point 812C 80G Sata,bought it 6 months ago and i dont know how good of results it gets on its own but will post my results.

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/8440/20jf.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/2135/untitled0nb.jpg

Iam just learning about the hard drives and how they run so i dont know much,so please bare with me.

Is that score ok?The reason why is, iam desideing wether to buy another samsung 812C and run raid or should i buy a better 2 drives to run raid in?

This drive is only 6 months old and hate to wast it.

Also am i better to buy a 10.000 rpm drive or to run raid with 2 7200 sata drives?

Thanks Guys.

Take a look at the earlier posts in this thread. Running two Hitachi 80GB SATA II drives will give you great performance with your nF3 rig and even better performance when you upgrade to an SATA II drive controller.