hard drives & raid - benchmark and compare!

Angry_Games

Man. glad you got it sorted out!

did you have the RAID drivers imbeded in the slipstreamed disc?

were you using a floppy after an F6 deal.?

Yes, the 6.53 raid drivers were slipstreamed as well as winxp w/sp2 on it.

According to Thunda's link, you cannot do different cluster size other than default if you use winxp w/ sp2 slipstreamed! And I just proved it. Oh well, I'm all the more wiser now, ...I guess.... :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah ha! excellent Mike, no it was NOT. good point.

the sig police, police, police........hehehe

Right, mine is a boot array. BIG difference. I spent hours googling before I even asked this question and came up fruitless.

Right, mine is a boot array. BIG difference. I spent hours googling before I even asked this question and came up fruitless.

If it makes you feel better I formatted like 10 times and wasted about 8 cdr's and then found that thread.,.lol

If it makes you feel better I formatted like 10 times and wasted about 8 cdr's and then found that thread.,.lol

well, i quess we are all the more wiser! alittle more gray on top, but wiser! :nod:

That configuration gives you some more throughput. I'm wondering why the rate drops off towards the second half of the drive now. It didn't do that on your original setup.

Just remember that every file will take up at least 8K on the drive. If you use this on the OS partition you generate a lot of slack due to the file sizes involved.