hard drives & raid - benchmark and compare!

Angry_Games

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand about NTFS and RAID-0 arrays, the 4 to 1 ratio would hold true regardless of the number of drives in the array. I don't have any hard data to back this up so I might be wrong.

Its good enough, aparently the diferences between strype/cluster sizes are so minimal that it is worth trying any combination in 4 to 1 ratio.

Right now I feel I have the wrong setting after reading what you and others have explained. :(

What about arrays with 4 HDD's... is it the same thing: Stripe = 4 x Cluster ?

I went through the excerise of different combinations SvsC etc and here is the final results for my 4xHDD RAID 0 which has been runing very nicely for me. Thanks to ExRoadie's help and paitence to a million questions. :nod:

Just noticed you list a CAS 1.5 timing in one of your RAM configs. The lowest setting you can achieve is CAS 2.0 on the nF4 chipset.

I went through the excerise of different combinations SvsC etc and here is the final results for my 4xHDD RAID 0 which has been runing very nicely for me. Thanks to ExRoadie's help and paitence to a million questions. :nod:

Yes this has come up a couple of times recently and since then I have been trying to find some design reasons for this... be it the AMD IMC (one statement made) or from what you are saying now in the nF4 design, all interesting stuff. I would like to understand more on this and why, any links or white papers handy? It also begs the question as to why the DFI allows this as a setting.

I am also in the progress of doing some test to see if there is any real world difference between the two, some basic tests measurements, that along with a similar series of tests with 1T vs 2T Command Rate. I could post these up when completed if there is any interest.

Thanks

Just noticed you list a CAS 1.5 timing in one of your RAM configs. The lowest setting you can achieve is CAS 2.0 on the nF4 chipset.