hard drives & raid - benchmark and compare!

Angry_Games

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I can see them =)

At 06-23-2006, 06:56 AM (GMT+2) they were not accesseble. (Altough putfile.com was up..)

Those benchmarks look OK. Is this with read and write cache enabled / CQ enabled ?

I think suspekt is suggesting

try device manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers > nForce Serial ATA Controller > Primary & Secondary Channel > "Uncheck" Enable Read Caching and "Uncheck" Enable Command Queing" if possible.

You'll need to reboot, defrag and run again.

I'm running the same 3 drives in RAID 0

ocdb4zz.th.jpg

Ok guys, it's been awhile for me, so was wondering if someone can refresh my memory. Currently I have 4 drives in raid-o (contrary to what my sig says). I was wondering if I could run two seperate raid-o's on the same controller, and if so, are there any drawbacks (performance wise or other) to doing it? Just a simple yes/or no will work. If yes, then I'll be looking up how to do it. If no, then, I guess I'll leave it alone. With my current set-up, I'm just wating alot of space, for only a very small performance increase, if at all. Since, when you mix drives in raid-o, you'll only get the performance of the slowest/smallest drive times the number of drives you have, I'm thinking my performance might be about the same with the 2 raptors in raid-o, then use the other 2 in raid-o for storage/page file.

Since I ran out of 80GB Hitachi drives when I rebuilt one of my nF4 rigs, I decided to put two Maxtor 160GB ATA-133 drives in RAID-0.

While the Burst speed is no where near the SATA 3Gbps readings, the sustained bandwidth is very good with 105MB/s on ATTO and 96MB/s in HD Tach.

I think I paid about $50.00 each for the drives when Staples had them on sale.