Upgrade time,A64 question..

hey everyone, im thinkin about upgrading now that i have the chance, just have to sell my LP B board and proc to a friend..

now, i know im getting the UT 754 board, but kinda curious between the athlon 64 3400+ newcastle and the DTR version with 1 meg cache.. what are everyones experiences with these chips. just trying to get a good oc'er the first time around..

decisions decisions:cool:

Personally I would get the Mobile version if I was planning on doing some major overclocking. Of course, be sure to try getting the latest dating of the CPU you can get your hands on. Fellow forum member THunDA got one recently, and is having the time of his life.....:) I think he's over 2.7 Ghz stable in prime95. Here's the link to his thread if you missed it:

THunDA's results

DS

Originally posted by tweakmaster420

hey everyone, im thinkin about upgrading now that i have the chance, just have to sell my LP B board and proc to a friend..

now, i know im getting the UT 754 board, but kinda curious between the athlon 64 3400+ newcastle and the DTR version with 1 meg cache.. what are everyones experiences with these chips. just trying to get a good oc'er the first time around..

decisions decisions:cool:

Get the 3400 Mobile not then3400 DTR. Many of the 3400 DTR's out there are

rev C0 and not rev CG cores. All true 1.4 volts 3400 Mobiles are rev CG.

Viper