Fortron 530 worth the extra $20

What do you guys think...

I'm gathering the pieces for a LP-B with some home-made water-cooling and I'm wondering if the Fortron is worth the extra cash.

It seems that their outputs match up pretty closely but the Fortron has adjustable rails and is... as RGone would say... "known-to-work."

Thermaltake 480W -- $57

Fortron 530W -- $78

thanks

k0n

If it does not have some form of adjustable rail or "how to" make adjustable in the internet then I do not want the ragguldy thang. Too much chance of getting hung out to dry when going board to board and memory to memory as it were.

RGone...

dont bag on the TT 420w. I have a couple of them and they are rock stable and very high quality, and will take all but the most extreme overclocks.

that said, for truly heavy duty crackin, I prefer the Fortron.

I do however prefer the OCZ (which I do not have one yet, hint hint OCZ Tony haha) because it has external adjustable rails.

but

if i really want to adjust

i just pop open me fortron and have at it.

its heavy and it makes a good weapon to swing at unsuspecting burglar or rapist should one try to come into my computer room while my Fortron is sitting outside of a case.

and

its a pretty awesome psu

but

for $36.00 @ newegg, the Thermaltake 420w is a VERY nice psu. Maybe the best sub-$50 psu i've laid my hands on.

Guest zerocash

Got a Fortron 530 for christmas and is way more stable than my Antec 430. 2100XP@2350:) Spend the extra $20.

the only thing I ran into with Fortrons.... sometimes on serious systems, the 5/12/3.3V rails need to be turned UP a bit from stock. not a prob since they have trimmers for all, but it does force you to break warranty seal. Just a heads up.

not that anyone here gives a crap about warranty :nod: