Post your highest stable speed with two Mem sticks in the DFI.

turrican9

Hi,

I would love to see what speeds others are getting with two Memory sticks in the DFI Lanparty UT 250GB Motherboard.

I can Prime at 270MHz with two 512MB Corsair 3200XL sticks.

i can run stable at 277FSB with my 64 2800 @ 2500mhz

3 sticks of Kingston 256 PC2700

http://home.mn.rr.com/jdetherow/2493.bmp

i have had it higher, but didnt feel comfortable with it. the system was stable, but im still a noob kinda. so i lowered it down some.

but i can prime95, 3dBM03. im thinking i may be able to get closer to 2.6+ with this CPU, but wont know till i try.

i know i have cheap memory, but it is holding its own so far.

i had shots of my comp at higher OC, but ruined it when i was playing with it in MS paint. and too lazy to redo everything.

maybe with popular demand i will do it and maybe try ti get higher

Hellz

Originally posted by hellzarmy

everything is set to auto except the FsB and voltage. i honestly dont really understand this stuff about memory and all that.

but my timings are 2.5 3 3 7

hellz

Okey, then the DFI Lanparty will set the Mem speed to 166MHz when you run 2 Sticks of RAM or more at 200MHz HTT. So the manual states.

Originally posted by Covert_operatoR

i just got my system 2-3 days ago so havnt pushed it much.

currently using 2 pairs of kingmax hardcore tinyBGA at 260mhz stable with fairly loose timings (10-3-3-3 1T)

sisoft lands me 3.7mb/sec bandwidth.

will have to push further, have yet to start pumping mem voltages

Hey, I see you are running 325MHz HTT. What Async Latency setting are you using at this speed? When I go 300MHz HTT + I need to Adjust my Async Latency to 9ns. And If I increase the HTT further I need to adjust it to 10 and 11ns. And by the way the only LDT multipiers that work at 300MHz+ HTT is 1.5, 2.5 and 3. 2x LDT won't let me boot Windows. I find this very strange.

Originally posted by Petrix

Lol, I have a similar thread on the Overcloking section :Dhttp://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=4042 though I did ask people to try with 1:1 and 1T.

The best I can do with two sticks is 290 and not a tad more. :(

I see you have the "advantage" of only using two 256MB sticks, while I'm using two 512MB sticks. Are your sticks single sided?

Originally posted by turrican9

I see you have the "advantage" of only using two 256MB sticks, while I'm using two 512MB sticks. Are your sticks single sided?

Yep, they are. Hope you don't take me for a cheat :D

Originally posted by Petrix

Yep, they are. Hope you don't take me for a cheat :D

That would explain why you made it to 290MHz with two sticks. With two double sided 512MB Sticks it's hard to make it past 270MHz. I'm Priming along at 270MHz HTT/MEM x 10 right now without any Errors. And if you look at this TCCD comparison only using 512MB sticks you can see that the best dual sticks infact made it to 272MHz on the DFI Lanparty UT 250GB http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=258

So I Guess I have been very lucky with my two Corsair sticks.

EDIT: By the way the sticks that made it the furthest in Dual mode was infact the same brand you got. Namely the A-Data Vitesta DDR 600 sticks. Only difference is you are on 2 x 256MB and yours are the DDR 566 variant

Originally posted by turrican9

That would explain why you made it to 290MHz with two sticks. With two double sided 512MB Sticks it's hard to make it past 270MHz. I'm Priming along at 270MHz HTT/MEM x 10 right now without any Errors. And if you look at this TCCD comparison only using 512MB sticks you can see that the best dual sticks infact made it to 272MHz on the DFI Lanparty UT 250GB http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=258

So I Guess I have been very lucky with my two Corsair sticks.

EDIT: By the way the sticks that made it the furthest in Dual mode was infact the same brand you got. Namely the A-Data Vitesta DDR 600 sticks. Only difference is you are on 2 x 256MB and yours are the DDR 566 variant

Yep, nice review hadn't seen that before, so I guess that 323 stabile is quite good eh? even if it's just 1x256. As I get the courage to flash one of the beta biosses, no bios-savior, with vDimm higher than 3.1 it might go even higher :D. Hmm, so do you think it's a board limit or a CPU limit?

To any BIOS modder - do you think anything could be done to improve this?