Ordered a beauty of a case today

Guest ZigZag_merged

If u want a real quiet cool running pc I highly recommend this case.

Keep in mind you will need a pretty long power supply ATX cord (20 pin). Also your PSU will cool upper chassis better if it has a fan on its bottom drawing air up into the ps, over the hd (mounted in back under psu VERTICALLY).

Also my mouse cord isn't as long as I'd like hooking it up in back but Im using the usb 2.0 on left side of case front.

I can't hear the case much AT ALL.

Also, you can hide mostly ALL wiring in back of the motherboard tray.

Keep the reports coming or PM me.

I'm trembling with excitement.

The Silver version wit da window arrived 2 days ago. Been staring at it.

But I got good excuses.

Really crazy busy this week. I'm talkin 12 hour days. And I need to go in tomorrow so a customer can give his son a present on Sunday.

Then Last night I discovered I had a couple of issues with WinXP not allowing me to load some programs, which I think has been traced to the stripped nLite version I'm using on the sistas. Feel safer if I load the full slip-streamed SP2 version on both rigs. Maybe disable a few less services this time. :)

I know it sounds gaye, but I miss the eye candy too. (blush)

My youngest son turns 19 at Midnight. A New Years dude, so we plan on spending sometime together.

New Years Eve and although I seldom drink anymore, I got a 12 pack of Negra Modelo dark Mexican Ale. just got home and chillin it right now. Figured the boys and I could tip of few back later. ;)

So I figure about 9:30-10:00 PM they'll head for a Party somewhere.

I'll prolly have a slight buzz on but I'm gonna build something tonight. Got all the stuff here to build a 3rd rig with identical parts. Or I can steal the good stuff out of the sistas. What to do, what to do.

You prolly all figured out what the kid and I decided he'd get for his birthday. But whatever, the Silverstone is mine. I'll keep you posted.

ZigZag my man, keep it coming. Anything you don't like?

My keyboard is wired & with an inverted mounted motherboard (BTX form factor) the port for the keyboard is near the very bottom of the cases back. Keyboard is now to left of crt to compensate.

I only use one PCI card in the TOP SLOT now, lol. The Audigy2 ZS.

Lots of space between my VGA & the Audigy2 ZS (4 pci slots worth).

My BFG 6800 GT OC FORMERLY had two heatsink fans (dual blue led fans by default on it) that blew down towards the case bottom. With it INVERTED also the dual fans exhaust straight up into the bottom exhaust fan of my Antec 550 watt True.

Its VERY heavy (HATE THE WEIGHT) but built strong. No sharp eges, no cuts.

Very quiet & much cooler pc I now have.

Thats plastic & steel but looks like they copied the internal design.

Are all the fans 2000 rpm @ 21 dBa? These are & quiet.

You may need to change out the 120 mm fans in that one. Get the Evercool 9 bladed 120 mm instead of the 7 bladed 120 mm fans. More air flow, you want low dBa for little to no noise.

I have read all the threads here on DFI and have spent a number of hours reserching for the best case, seems that any of the btx series cases are prone to problems with the sata and psu cables reaching the board. I would like the best of both if possable: cooling and I like the idea of 90 degree hard drive mounting. I have almost all my parts together exept the case and some small items. I dont mind spending the money knowing I will keep the case for a couple years. I just started with this new build for gaming. I am just kinda stuck on what case will work. My current cases are the Antec PlusView1000AMG which are ok but a real tight inside and a bear when changing hard drives, no room for good cable routing. Anyideas would be appreciated by anyone. This is my first DFI board to tinker with current one is the K8N-E .

Thank you !!

Guest ZigZag

IDE cable (or SATA) will reach if its 18" long, no problem.

Its not a problem for SATA drives usually but I guess might possibly be with some. The DFI yellow IDE rounded cable reached.

Good power supplies generally have long cables, most will work in this case. The Aspire 500 watt series has relatively short sleeved cables & WON'T WORK.

Great thing is when the right side of case pops off you tuck most of the wire up under the motherboard tray & there are 3-4 large slots to pull just enough wire thru to mount where its needed.