Ordered a beauty of a case today

Guest ZigZag_merged

Silverstone's "Wind Tunnel", TJ06.

Anandtech rated it even better then a Lian Li V1000.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-163-031&depa=0

"The Temjin 6 performed the best on our list, producing the lowest thermal results of any of the cases at an ambient temperature between 21.3-23.1 degrees Celsius. This was greatly due to SilverStone's patented wind tunnel, which separated the CPU and memory from the rest of the components. The plastic casing kept heat from those components in that area while the dual fans helped push the heat out the back of the case before it could get to other areas of the Temjin 6.

As far as sound levels were concerned, the results were acceptable, since a tradeoff had to be made between that and thermal conditions. Many will agree that although sound is a major factor in deciding which case is a top performer, thermal performance has a much greater impact on the overall performance of a complete system.

The only other case to which the Temjin 6 can be compared in the market right now is Lian Li's PC-V1000, which we mentioned numerous times in this review. One of the best features that the PC-V1000 had was its all-aluminum construction, but shortcomings such as lack of space for over-sized power supplies and any component in general, took away from the overall quality of the design. The Temjin 6, though constructed of mostly steel, has much more room due to its internal design and, overall, performs much better. Not to mention the price of the Temjin 6, at $136, it is a much better deal than Lian Li's $200 PC-V1000. We recommend the Temjin 6 to anyone who wants an affordable BTX style case with a simple, yet elegant, look packed with features that make sense."

Was $155 w/ shipping, not bad.

Guest JungleMan
Originally posted by Angry_Games

hrmmm...$138.00 and not sure why there's a plexi tube at the bottom going from fan to fan...kinda hard to cool anything if air just comes in one side and goes out the other side through a tube without letting the air actually cool anything...

It cools the CPU area, the mobo goes in upside down

Excellent purchase ZZ, SilverStone makes awesome cases :cool:

I'm with you on this one guys.

Gonna return the Thermaltake Tsunami I got from NewEgg last week (and take the 15% RESTOCKING CHARGE). It just doesn't have the look and feel of the CoolerMaster or the Silverstone.

$149.99 from the good folks at FrozenCPU plus $12 Ground UPS.

But I HAD to get the one with the window. Almost popped for the Lian-Li but I Know the Silverstone will be a better choice for me.

PM or email me if you want the Tsunami (Silver with window) at 15% off Newegg's price. Good choice ZigZag ;)

Originally posted by Angry_Games

hrmmm...$138.00 and not sure why there's a plexi tube at the bottom going from fan to fan...kinda hard to cool anything if air just comes in one side and goes out the other side through a tube without letting the air actually cool anything...

(dual 120 mm & tube) supercools the cpu & memory.

an 80 mm intake cools the vid card & hard drive.

Even without using the wind tunnel with BTX design case temps & cpu temps drop 8-12C from standard ATX design.

almost bought that first but after reading MANY reviews opted for the BTX style.

next spring I plan on getting a highend S939 & the new DFI S939 board. 90 nm Winchesters oc like mad.

:D

I've been using Silverstone cases for almost a year now and I can say that I haven't had one problem with any of them.

I really like the LC03 for home theater pc's.

Every model that I've used has been high quality materials and excellent construction.

You made a good choice with this case.

Originally posted by dellin

wow, very cool design. are there other manufacturers of this of design (mobo goes in upside down) ?

Yes, Lian Li V1000. No tube in that though but inverted mobo.

All cases & mobos will be like this in the next few years. Its called BTX form factor, current cases are ATX.

Intel is pushing the BTX hard for its Prescott, lol.

Got everything swapped over, rounded IDE cables I have didn't fit so I used an older ribbon cable. Power supply ATX cables were long enough to hide one behind motherboard tray. Very clean wiring job for the first time (my wiring was always kinda sloppy before).

System temps are only reduced 3-4 C from Lian Li pc-65 after gaming.

BUT THE CPU TEMPS have dropped 7-8 Celsius from 51C to 43-44 load overclocked 268 Mhz. Idle cpu is 5-6 C above ambient temps.

(Also seems a good deal quieter then the Lian Li pc-65B)

Its 22 C in the pc room right now. My cpu temp is 28C.

Computer noise is inaudible. System temp is 27C.

Just checked my 6800 gt oc temps oc'd, 51C on gpu core (used to be about 57-59) and mem temps on vid card are 33C (used to be about 38C).